New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by kabute13 View Post
    15 days one-way sir? wow!!!

did you followed an itinerary (stops, place of overnight stays, etc.) or “bahala na” plan?

am now in the process of mapping out all possible inter-island transfers (on all established ports and routes, with existing shipping schedule that are open to public) within our archipelago. Sana di maging obsession, hehe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It was 15days round trip.

We reserved the hotels. We didn't risk not having rooms in the evenings. Siargao was fully booked. Glad we had a friend for the that island.

The roro reservation was the tricky part. get the expensive tickets... it's worth the extra hundred... lessen smelly odors.

Restaurants were the best parts.

Bring a DJI.. if you're extra techy.

Snorkel gear!!! clear vision[emoji851] and shoes (best 1500pesos spent)

Laundry? bring extra extra.

Bring hats. Dun glasses aren't enough.

40ish mg towels to clean the glass for max visibility in the night.

Neck pillows for all seats. my passengers loved this. this was my parting gifts [emoji16]

Obsess with the planning.

Take down the spare wheel for inflation... 🤪🤪🤪

Globe is 1000x better than Smart.

more ... wiper blades, ac.filter

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by StockEngine; August 16th, 2018 at 01:17 AM.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^ nice post bro [emoji106]

Ayos iyong mga tips!

do what you gotta do so you can do what you wanna do

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    pinaka important... we took early roros... I drove at night... no traffic[emoji16] early means the seas are calmer..

pardon the autocorrect stuff [emoji28]

4. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    ^ nice post bro [emoji106]

Ayos iyong mga tips!

do what you gotta do so you can do what you wanna do
    indeed! [emoji4][emoji119]

Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    pinaka important... we took early roros... I drove at night... no traffic[emoji16] early means the seas are calmer..

pardon the autocorrect stuff [emoji28]

Is it advisable driving at night? had tried long road trips (though i’m more of the passenger than the driver, hehe!) in mindanao before (tacurong-gensan-davao, ozamiz-cdo, davao-cdo) and we’re advised to hit the road early para di abutan ng gabi sa daan.

Btw Sir, how transfers or roro ride it took 1-way? you still remember or listed the roro vessel and from which port?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    indeed! [emoji4][emoji119]

Is it advisable driving at night? had tried long road trips (though i’m more of the passenger than the driver, hehe!) in mindanao before (tacurong-gensan-davao, ozamiz-cdo, davao-cdo) and we’re advised to hit the road early para di abutan ng gabi sa daan.

Btw Sir, how transfers or roro ride it took 1-way? you still remember or listed the roro vessel and from which port?

I often drive at night. so doing this in mindanao & visayas was an absolute blast. approaching mt mayon before sunrise was amazing!

I remember we left enchanter river late(must eats crab here) ... driving back to surigao wasn't bad.

clean windshield and headlights from the bugs.

my brother and I drive with two hands. so at night we're ok.

also I use Google maps to help with the curves.. I'll know if it's a left or right sweeping curve even if it's dark.

bituka na manok? too easy!

about the roros, I'll check the emailed details and post it here later. just need to gym RN hehehe

Last edited by StockEngine; August 17th, 2018 at 10:26 PM.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    the actual driving is not the main concern but the check-points... i experienced before passing thru 6 checkpoints from ozamiz city going to cdo... and you can differentiate which is legit and which is not from their footwear (of course, we learned it from the locals).

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I only encountered one military checkpoint. that's was between surigao-davao route. they were legit, military boots and all.

mom wanted to go further south to cdo.
    but I think that's way outside my comfort zone.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    wow! so it’s a family road trip? astig!

learning a lot from this thread, thanks!

one advantage i see is if you know or at least understand local dialect/s (but wait, meron na bang translation app for local dialects?).

a friend told me before that when you’re in Vis or Min road and you need help, and you’re not comfortable asking a total stranger, look for Luzon registration plate... there’s a big chance from Manila or somewhere in Luzon yung owner or driver (e. g. sales agent, med reps, etc.).

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    wow! so it’s a family road trip? astig!

learning a lot from this thread, thanks!

one advantage i see is if you know or at least understand local dialect/s (but wait, meron na bang translation app for local dialects?).

a friend told me before that when you’re in Vis or Min road and you need help, and you’re not comfortable asking a total stranger, look for Luzon registration plate... there’s a big chance from Manila or somewhere in Luzon yung owner or driver (e. g. sales agent, med reps, etc.).

yeah retired folks. they can't drive in the dark [emoji28]

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    look for Luzon registration plate... there’s a big chance from Manila or somewhere in Luzon yung owner or driver (e. g. sales agent, med reps, etc.)

A lot of vehicles in Mindanao were acquired from Manila / Luzon dealers ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast