Melbourne, Australia [emoji4]

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Crater Lake in Oregon.

Or

Or

Lake Towada

I've been to Crater Lake and Lake Towada. I've never been to Mt. Pinatubo. Must be nice.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; July 12th, 2017 at 02:51 PM.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Egypt primarily because of the pyramids and desert.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    It's been almost 4 years since I visited Meteor Crater. It's only 5 hours away and east of Flagstaff along I-40. I want to go. But, the family have no taste for natural sites and the wife wouldn't let me go alone......

I would like to hike the circumference. I went down to the center. But, I never hiked around the lip of the crater.

Obviously, I like craters whether it's on the moon or here on Earth. It also doesn't matter whether it's an impact crater or a volcanic one. My favorite in the PH is the Taal Volcano where me and a friend hiked down to the lake's edge back in our early teens.

Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; August 19th, 2017 at 10:07 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Not sure who taught this guy. But, it's always been the crater lake that is the real volcano. I knew that even as a kid. But then, I also knew that just because a volcano has a crater lake doesn't mean it's not active.

Taal Volcano – A Reading Writer

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i thought the entire lake was the crater.
    and it's an active volcano. hindi lang malakas.. pa-buga-buga at pa-usok-usok lang.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i thought the entire lake was the crater.
    and it's an active volcano. hindi lang malakas.. pa-buga-buga at pa-usok-usok lang.
    That's what my friend thought too. He was sort of uh, scared when we hiked down the depression to the water's edge.

Who knows? Perhaps, further studies might show Taal Lake is actually a super volcano like Yellowstone National Park.

However, we had clues about Yellowstone for a long time because of the numerous geothermal vents in northern Nevada. It's far away from Yellowstone. But, geothermal vents don't just appear for no reason. Something really hot has to be bubbling deep underground.

The volcanic caldera started out from northern Nevada and eventually migrated to Wyoming. But we still have that magma network underground in Nevada.

Yellowstone Volcano

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i meant, the entire body of water is the crater. taal vista lodge and the other resorts, hotels, and restraurants "overlooking", are all sitting on the rim of the crater.
    taal island and its "volcano", are just "tinga" that the volcano barfed out.

there must be something under batangas. our volcanologists say there are at least 15 known (but inactive) volcanoes in batangas alone.
    even famous mt. makiling is an inactive volcano.
    the numerous hot springs abouding in the area, are all probably connected.
    Last edited by dr. d; August 19th, 2017 at 11:27 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i meant, the entire body of water is the crater.
    That's what I meant as well. The whole depression might be the edge of a super volcano caldera. There might be one big magma chamber under the whole province.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    JAPAN. As in the whole Japan, gusto ko maikot, maexperience lahat sakanila. From culture to food etc. The best country for me.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314