New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Guys,

May leak yung transmission ko. Na diagnose na ng mechanic.

Ibababa ang Transmission & may mga oil seal na papalitan ito po:

Rear crankshaft Oil seal = Php 660
    Driveshaft Oil seal LH = 280
    Driveshaft Oil seal RH = 370
    Labor(baba ng transmission & install oil seals) = 1700

Total = Php 3,010.00

Yung parts are OEM & Home service po ito sa place ko gagawin and yung mechanic is from honda.

Tanong ko lang mga sir reasonable po ba ung Parts & Labor?

My Ride is a Honda Vtec 2000 Model.

TIA & God Bless!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    ok na yan based sa mga na-quote sa akin dito ng ibang shops and mechanics. usual quote on any transmission work starts at 1700.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Thanks roninblade.

Meron pa po bang naka expirience magpagwa ng ganito kung ok ang price na qoute sa akin? Feedback pls base sa quote sa akin.

TIA

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Gaano ba kalakas ang tulo? Naglalawa na ba sa garahe?

Kung 'namamawis' lang, pwede mo namang antayin na lang at isabay sa pagpalit ng clutch (and other associated componets: release bearing, pressure plate, etc.).

O kaya isabay mo na ang pagpalit ng mga ito kung darating na din lang ang mechanic. Hindi naman dapat mag-iiba ang labor cost since nasa sahig na din ang transmission. I-swap in lang yung new clutch.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    SirOtep,

Di namn naglalawa prang sort of namamawis malakas ng konti sa pagpapawis.

Wala pa kasi budget for other clutch parts replacement. I just want to fix the specifc problem lang muna..Pro tama lang po ba ang ganyang price?

Thanks!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ok lang ang labor. Not sure about the parts. Pero kung namamawis lang (no drips), hindi ko na ipabababa yung buong transmission. Antayin ko na lang maupod ang clutch then sabay na lahat.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    labor is pretty high considering he has no overhead to compute for.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    when i had a similar problem a few years back, i got whacked 4000 pesos for labor on the tranny!

in retrospect, i think the repair shop didn't know what they were doing. they said that in order to replace the oil seal facing the clutch, they would have to completely disassemble the tranny, which they did (hence the 4000 fee).

it now somehow strikes me as stupid that one would have to disassemble the whole tranny just to replace a 500-peso oil seal...

to the OP: i'd go with OTEP's suggestion. tolerate mo nalang muna yung dripping tranny since di naman malakas. until it's time for the clutch na rin.

i'm not expert on hondas but you might want to top it off with a thicker oil (i think hondas use engine oil, while the rest of us use 75W90 gear oil). i don't think the thicker oil will damage the tranny (it will make shifting rougher though) but the thicker oil will not leak as much. speedyfix should be able to tell us if it's safe to put gear oil in a honda tranny.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    you should have no problem with gear oil in a honda tranny pero it won't be optimal and might cause your milage to suffer.

you really have to drop the tranny and clutch to replace the rear crank oil seal of the engine. it's a pain in the ass job to do just to replace one seal kaya normally when we replace clutches in the shop we advise to replace that narin para isang gawaan lang.

if you leave the oil dropping on the clutch, expect to have to replace it almost immidiately because it will slide much much faster.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    since we're talking about transmissions, is there a device for flushing the gearoil from a manual tranny that is equivalent to the Transtech ATF flushing device used by Mancor? O talagang drain and replace lang for a manual tranny?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Transmission Inquiry