New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    700 kesos ata per liter yan, sa casa ka na bumili para sure, baka ma jafakes ka lang sa labas, tutal every 40k lang naman yan, 200 kesos lang ang labor sa labas.
    thanks sa tips sir

Sent from my ONE A2001 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Good morning mga master bossing!

May Honda ATF na ako.Ask ko lang kung pwede DIY ang pagpalit ng ATF (honda)?

Or mas maganda kung ipa-replace na lang sa mga talyer?

Thank you po sa sasagot.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^ kung drain and refill lang ok naman diy. Ang problema lang naman jan ang pag dispose ng used atf fluid mo bro

when you look into the abyss, the abyss looks into you

4. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Right, drain and fill, easier than oil change, no filter to mess you up, it's even easier than changing a flat tire! If I had jack stands, ako na lang gagawa nito, praning ako pag jack lang ang kalso...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by torvics View Post
    Good morning mga master bossing!

May Honda ATF na ako.Ask ko lang kung pwede DIY ang pagpalit ng ATF (honda)?

Or mas maganda kung ipa-replace na lang sa mga talyer?

Thank you po sa sasagot.
    look for youtube videos. madami ang honda. note the old oils color and metal sediments sa magnetic drain plug.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

6. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Thanks sir Baludoy, sir Papi Smith & sir StockEngine.

Kakatawag ko lang sa Honda Cars, nagtanong ako ng record nung oto. Hindi pa nagpa-drain ng atf yung may ari dati nung nabili kong oto. Or pwede din na sa labas ng casa nagpa replace ng atf.

Kailangan ko na ba yung flushing/dialysis method or atf replacement lang?

Sabi kasi nung nakausap ko sa service ng honda, pag 80k na ang mileage, flushing/dialysis daw ang dapat gawin.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    dialysis will get rid of the fluid that doesnt come out from the drain&fill method. I think there is 3-5liters of atf left inside if it is only drained and refilled.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Drain now then flush when you have budget.

If money is no concern, flush now.

Same happened to us. Went up to 60k without draining by previous owners. We wanted to flush but hard to find the shop and we no have budget yet at that time. In the end, we just drained. We feel slight to below average improvement in shifting though.

Our owners manual says to flush every 40k, iirc.

One shop we went to said that they discourage flushing specially if not flushed for a very long time. As per their experience, after flushing, it became problematic. I read the same thing here/other forums.

Their advice is to drain and refill every 1 week (forgot for how many weeks, maybe 4-5 times?). They claim that method is something like 'gentle flush'.

The shop is the one specialized in auto transmission in sucat. Forgot the name.

What we ended up doing is to drain once. And follow regular schedule or brown color atf. Money is tight. If we have the money, I will do the gentle flush method then regular schedule.

Goodluck!

Edit: want to DIY? watch chrisfix on YouTube. You may want to bingewatch that channel. Also AMMO NYC

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ejm_110 View Post
    Drain now then flush when you have budget.

If money is no concern, flush now.

Same happened to us. Went up to 60k without draining by previous owners. We wanted to flush but hard to find the shop and we no have budget yet at that time. In the end, we just drained. We feel slight to below average improvement in shifting though.

Our owners manual says to flush every 40k, iirc.

One shop we went to said that they discourage flushing specially if not flushed for a very long time. As per their experience, after flushing, it became problematic. I read the same thing here/other forums.

Their advice is to drain and refill every 1 week (forgot for how many weeks, maybe 4-5 times?). They claim that method is something like 'gentle flush'.

The shop is the one specialized in auto transmission in sucat. Forgot the name.

What we ended up doing is to drain once. And follow regular schedule or brown color atf. Money is tight. If we have the money, I will do the gentle flush method then regular schedule.

Goodluck!

Edit: want to DIY? watch chrisfix on YouTube. You may want to bingewatch that channel. Also AMMO NYC

Baka kasi nag papasok ng unwanted air packets pag nag flush ka ng atf kaya much better to drain and replace twice na lang

10. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    Baka kasi nag papasok ng unwanted air packets pag nag flush ka ng atf kaya much better to drain and replace twice na lang
    I see.

Naalala ko, it has to do something with the metal filaments, etc.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Transmission fluid change - A/T