New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    I already told my brother vacationing out of the country.

Galing din ako sa apat na talyer. Buti na lang makulit asking opinion. First 3 talyer said change clutch disk, pressure plate, release bearing. Pero i still have doubts because i tried the clutch test and ok pa naman.

The culprit was cv joint nahuhugot. 99% sure na ako ito. One last talyer pa.

Ang hirap talaga pag kotse hindi pwede maniwala agad. Aayusin pero hindi pala yun sira.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    I already told my brother vacationing out of the country.

Galing din ako sa apat na talyer. Buti na lang makulit asking opinion. First 3 talyer said change clutch disk, pressure plate, release bearing. Pero i still have doubts because i tried the clutch test and ok pa naman.

The culprit was cv joint nahuhugot. 99% sure na ako ito. One last talyer pa.

Ang hirap talaga pag kotse hindi pwede maniwala agad. Aayusin pero hindi pala yun sira.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    errr... what car are we talking about, po?
    CV joint..? why? the 3 talyers said transmission...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008

5. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Kung cv joint yan dapat may naririnig ka na Tok sound...

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    nahuhugot pala ang cvjoint?

mas duda pa ako sa diagnosis na cvjoint eh. mas feasible ang clutch problem.

cv joint problem should not give you erratic symptoms dahil purely mechanical ito

7. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    Honda Civic VTI.

The 3 talyer said sliding daw because of the whistling sound daw sa clutch.

They tried the clutch test pero dapat if you release the clutch magmaintain na naka on engine if sliding. Pero nagoff eh.

My brother told me na the whistling sound since 2010 pa.

Quote Originally Posted by jodski View Post
    Kung cv joint yan dapat may naririnig ka na Tok sound...
    Oo meron tok tok tok sound. Nung hindi ako magaccelerate meron tok tok tapos pag nakaaccelerate nawawala tok tok sound.

Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    nahuhugot pala ang cvjoint?

mas duda pa ako sa diagnosis na cvjoint eh. mas feasible ang clutch problem.

cv joint problem should not give you erratic symptoms dahil purely mechanical ito
    Doon sa fourth talyer kasi sanay sa honda cars kaya pinuntahan ko. Sinasabi ko pa lang symptoms eh sabi ng mechanic "driveshaft daw" kaya nashock din ako kasi not the usual sliding na clutch. He repeated if meron tumutunog sabi ko meron pag hindi makaaccelerate pero nawawala if nakaaccelerate

Nahuhugot daw yung bearing ata sa driveshaft kaya parang "sliding"

Meron ako nakausap 5th talyer and confirmed the 4th talyer diagnosis pero kailangan nya makita dalhin ko later.

By the way so far hindi pa bumabalik yung hindi mag-accelerate. Dahan dahan pag gamit ko steering.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Ito kausap ko brother. Year 2005 napalitan daw replacement sa banawe cv joint plus cv boot. Not the buong assembly drive shafts.

The 4th talyer explained to me na dahil replacement type na daw driveshaft kaya ganyan.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    ako may problem din sa manual tranmission ko ngayon post ko na lang sa thread

10. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Nag research ulit ako online and from 99% eh 99.8% na ako ito problem ko.

CV joints - Car Talk

A bit of a flare for the dramatic there. I'll tell you what, mjkelley - if you have a sudden CV joint failure that sends your car end over end on the highway, and if you live through it then buy a lottery ticket as soon as you can b/c you're apparently on the thin side of the odds that day.

I'm not saying squirrely things can't happen b/c they can, especially at high speed. But basically if the joint completely fails it cuts transfer of power from the engine/transmission to the wheels. So the most common thing that happens is that the car just won't go. If you are driving it you will find that you can't accelerate & will come to a stop. If you're stopped you'll remain so. The squirrely things can happen b/c there are multiple axles w/ 2 joints each.

CVJ's click bad and quit altogether when they are past bad. You get 0 power to the driving wheel. The inner joint spins in the outter joint then. You just hear rattliing and get no go.

Read more: Can defective CV joints cause drag and sluggishness? (idle, brakes, tires) - Automotive -Sports cars, sedans, coupes, SUVs, trucks, motorcycles, tickets, dealers, repairs, gasoline, drivers... - City-Data Forum

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast