New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Hi guys! Last year, I bought a 97 Lancer Glxi A/t. As time goes by, I found out that Glxi A/T is not good for uphill roads kc mahina pala eto sa akyatan. Nakakalungkot isipin na sa baguio pa naman kami nakatira at laging nabibitin pag paakyat na sa amin, kailangan pang ilagay sa "L" (low gear) para ok, which takes time and will cause delayed reaction. How can I turbo charge my car? does a racing filter improves my cars power? what innovation could i possibly do to increase the power of my car?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    sir try to get in touch with ERL, i think they have their contact info dito. they have turboed a lancer GLXi A/T pizza already with a sleeper look. :D

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    With a properly done turbo job you'll be setting aside a good amount of PPP IMO (100K). Wouldnt it be better to sell and get a 2.0L sedan instead if power is your concern? Just a thought.

Other things to help on power:
    - advance timing (coupled with use of higher octane fuel)
    - 4-2-1 headers
    - free-flow air intake

We had this on our Sentra 1.6 a/t before and it had no problems climbing up in Baguio.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Diba talagang babagal iyan kapag nasa 'L'? IMHO, it's better to let the ECU decide by just leaving it in 'D'. The engine might be screaming, but I doubt if you'll be crawling.

Hmmm...maybe you need to do maintenance work na like flush/refill ATF, change all engine fluids and filters, etc.

A stock Lancer has more power power and lighter weight than a stock Pajero.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bolt-ons don't help as much in uphill climbs because it's torque you need and not necessarily hp. actually, hp-boosting mods like freeflow i/h/e actually can reduce torque.

kung akyatan ang labanan you'll probably be better off re-gearing your car and/or replacing the differential. actually, kung budget mo eh kaya turbo, then you might want to get an engine swap for more cubic inches.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    i had a 97 pizza lancer and it had good climbing power. baka time for change ATF and filter na. malaki ang effect ng new ATF sa performance ng oto.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    try to get hold of Ernie of ERLs

If I'm not mistaken, Ernie owns a turbo charged A/T GLXi. Hindi ko lang alam kung pinalitan na nya.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    you only want a little more power to climb hills, why don't you just sell the lancer and get something else with more torque/power??? I don't think turbo'ing an AT is not all that bad since you're not looking to run it in the strip (which will make you crave for higher boost), if you go turbo, tranny will probably be safe * 4-5 psi of boost? . . .

IMHO benta mo na lang lancer mo if you think that its lack of torque is making you sad, lol... or, you do it right and stroke your engine for more power...

filter does nothing more than improve air flow, which adds 0 power... even if you do full I/H/C/E, you wont feel the gain on a lancer, especially when climbing hills...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    get a 2.0 sedan na lang. mas ok ang torque ksi ito un naghahatak.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    or a better idea... drop a 2.0L engine in the lancer...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
how to turbo charge my 97 Lancer GLXI A/T