New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rickymartin View Post
    May issue pala siya sa mga lancer. Mga modern car kasi mga naka CVT, Altis sana kaso CVT rin. SUV naman hindi afford ng budget kapag plus maintenance na.
    in truth, that's not a lancer issue. that's a tuner issue.
    one has to know the capabilities of one's tools..

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    if by maintaining traditional AT and CVT, you mean ATF, then i suppose it's about the same maintenance..
    ano pa ba ang puede nating gawin sa mga 'yan? as far as i know, it's "no user-serviceable parts inside".
    abuse? nothing automotive is abuse-proof..
    heh heh.
    Take note that CVT fluids are different from ATF. You don't use ATF for CVT transmissions.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    ^
    Anong fluid ginagamit sa CVT?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rickymartin View Post
    ^
    Anong fluid ginagamit sa CVT?
    CVT-F.

Whether you have a traditional A/T or CVT, use the proper OEM fluids like its your religion.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    in truth, that's not a lancer issue. that's a tuner issue.
    one has to know the capabilities of one's tools..
    Exactly. The power output it was asked to handle was way above what it was designed for.

My ex-boss's Cedia CVT didn't give him any tranny problems. It was daily driven between Sucat and Makati until they sold it to a relative last year. No reported issues pa rin since then.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    One should also note that "regular" automatic transmissions also have a maximum torque handling capability. If you put twice stock power output through a standard automatic, it will definitely fail. Some automatics start slipping after you've only added seventy to a hundred horses more.

The tuner's job is to give the client what he wants. If he wants more power, damn the transmission... that's what he gets. But in any turbo tuning or install, new clutches, or, with a torque converter automatic, an upgraded torque converter and clutch packs, are a very, very good idea.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I would prefer the standard AT.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Mitsubishi Strada VGT M/T produces 400 Nm of torque while the A/T model is tweaked to produce 350 Nm only albeit at a wider range because the transmission can't handle it.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    2 years ago, I made a decision to go for standard AT given the choice between that and a CVT. The choice was between a Forester (AT) and an XV (CVT) and I went with standard AT because I knew that it was proven (I've had ATs in the past that didn't give me any problems) and the maintenance costs were lower for the standard AT.

It seems that CVT has proven to be more reliable recently and I would not hesitate to go for one when I purchase my next car in about 3-4 years.
    Last edited by tr1ck5h07; August 14th, 2014 at 04:24 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by tr1ck5h07 View Post
    2 years ago, I made a decision to go for standard AT given the choice between that and a CVT. The choice was between a Forester (AT) and an XV (CVT) and I went with standard AT because I knew that it was proven (I've had ATs in the past that didn't give me any problems) and the maintenance costs were lower for the standard AT.

It seems that CVT has proven to be more reliable recently and I would not hesitate to go for one when I purchase my next car in about 3-4 years.
    Sabagay, matagal-tagal na rin naman lumabas 'yung CVT, siguro naman na ayos na 'yung mga issue.

Might go now with Corolla Altis or Lancer EX GT-A.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast