New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Guys, pasingit lang. Normal ba na parang maluwag yung hand brake pag nakababa? I mean may 1-2cm syang naangat na parang lose? Or kelangan ipacheck?

Also, before starting engine, oks lang bang magshift from P to N then saka iistart? Vice versa pag papatayin yung engine. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jnsk View Post
    Guys, pasingit lang. Normal ba na parang maluwag yung hand brake pag nakababa? I mean may 1-2cm syang naangat na parang lose? Or kelangan ipacheck?

Also, before starting engine, oks lang bang magshift from P to N then saka iistart? Vice versa pag papatayin yung engine. Thanks!

hand brakes need adjustment from time to time, to take up the slack caused by brake pad wear and cable stretch.
    sometimes, the lever itself is worn from age...

if your car allows for moving the stick from P to N before starting, then so be it. you just lose the extra protection of the P brake, in case you forgot to put on your handbrake.
    some cars will not normally allow such movement from P to N, until after the engine starts.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Kakakuha ko lang ng oto ko 4 days ago eh. Napansin ko lang kanina parang maluwag sya, pero oks naman pag inaangat. Mahigpit pa. Pag nakababa lang parang nawiwiggle up and down.

Yes, binasa ko kasi yung manual nya, sabi need to shift from P to N before starting engine. Nashishift naman sya as long as naka ON yung keys.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Slack on the cable probably.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    Slack on the cable probably.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk
    Kahit bago? cvt on idling

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Kakakuha ko lang ng oto ko 4 days ago eh. Napansin ko lang kanina parang maluwag sya, pero oks naman pag inaangat. Mahigpit pa. Pag nakababa lang parang nawiwiggle up and down.

Yes, binasa ko kasi yung manual nya, sabi need to shift from P to N before starting engine. Nashishift naman sya as long as naka ON yung keys.

pa-adjust nyo.
    mura lang yan.

i am not on banawe's payroll, but...
    if it is not inconvenient to you, drive there and let them boys have a go at it. they do it all the time. they already know the wrench sizes and screwdriver types needed for the job.

errr... what car na, po?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Kahit bago? cvt on idling

kung bago, bring it to the casa.
    they should fix that for free.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    kung bago, and you do not want to spend for it, bring it to the casa.
    they should fix that for free.
    Worried kasi ako baka delikado if ginagamit. But anyway, pacheck ko nalang siguro sa casa tomorrow. Thanks guys!

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    brand new cars should be perfect, upon delivery.
    but we are all human.
    i guess that is what warranty is for.

my owner's manual says that the brakes should bite with two to three clicks.

good luck, po.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2017

Anong model ito? Parang ngayon lang ako nakaencounter ng A/T na kailangang ishift to neutral bago mag start.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast