New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post
    YOU SOLVED THE PROBLEM! WD40 is only a temporary lube, and since after you spray some lube on the pivot point of the pedal and the squeak stopped, you figured the problem out. It (the pivot point of the pedal) needs to be cleaned and greased. Done deal. Good job on saving yourself a lot of money!
    He half-way solved noise no. 2.

Noise no. 1 is still there.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    The main symptom of a bad release bearing is if the noise is heard while the clutch pedal is released (clutch plate is engaged). I think the OP experienced the opposite problem, in that, the noise only happens when the clutch pedal is depressed (clutch plate is disengaged).

While the clutch pedal is depressed, the release bearing is not rotating with the engine, so I think it's unlikely that the release bearing is causing the noise.
    When you depress the clutch, the bearing should actually spin together with the center of the pressure plate. If it is worn out and does not spin properly, it wears out the diaphragm spring in the center of the pressure plate.

Here's a description from "How Stuff Works":

"Another problem associated with clutches is a worn throw-out bearing, sometimes called a clutch release bearing. This bearing applies force to the fingers of the spinning pressure plate to release the clutch. If you hear a rumbling sound when the clutch engages, you might have a problem with the throw-out.

[SIZE=+1]Clutch Diagnostic Test[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]If you find that your clutch has failed, here is an at-home diagnostic test that anyone can perform:[/SIZE]
    1. [SIZE=2]Start your car, set the parking break, and put the car in neutral. [/SIZE]
    2. [SIZE=2]With your car idling, listen for a growling noise without pushing the clutch in. If you hear something, it's most likely a problem with the transmission. If you don't hear a noise, proceed to step three.[/SIZE]
    3. [SIZE=2]With the car still in neutral, begin to push the clutch and listen for noise. If you hear a chirping noise as you press, it's most likely the clutch release, or throw-out bearing. If you don't hear a noise, proceed to step four.[/SIZE]
    4. [SIZE=2]Push the clutch all the way to the floor. If you hear a squealing noise, it's probably the pilot bearing or bushing.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]If you don't hear any noise during these four steps, then your problem is probably not the clutch. If you hear the noise at idle and it goes away when the clutch is pressed, it may be an issue in the contact point between the fork and pivot ball.[/SIZE]

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by FWC View Post
    [SIZE=2]3. With the car still in neutral, begin to push the clutch and listen for noise. If you hear a chirping noise as you press, it's most likely the clutch release, or throw-out bearing. If you don't hear a noise, proceed to step four.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]4. Push the clutch all the way to the floor. If you hear a squealing noise, it's probably the pilot bearing or bushing.[/SIZE]
    You're probably right. But I think it could also be semantics.... the OP needs to confirm if the noise is heard WHILE he's stepping on the clutch or AFTER.

If the noise appears WHILE the the pedal is being depressed, that's the release bearing. This would be #3 symptom above.

But if the noise appears immediately AFTER the pedal has been depressed, that's the pilot bearing/bushing. This would be the #4 symptom.

The way I understood his post is that the noise appears when the clutch pedal is held down.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    You're right. Dapat mas precise ang description.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    mga sir ask ko lang sana about sa starex namin kasi pg narelease mo na ung clutch especially in 1st gear my sound na "GRRRRRRRR" hindi nman sy masyado malakas kya lng nkakairita pkinggan. pinapalitan ko n ung support nung propeller pero dprin nawala.pinatingnan ko na rin pero d mapin point kasi maririnig mo lang sy sa medyo kulob na lugar like sa garage. pag tinapakan ang clutch wala naman problem sk khit naka 2nd gear wala rin.maririnig mo lang kapag mabagal ang andar ng 1st gear. ayoko lng din kasi lumaki ang problem.sk baka abutan pako sa byahe.baka may experience na kayo or idea about that.maraming thanks in advance!

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    hi peeps pasingit na din since clutch naman ang topic dito ...

yung sa akin naman ganito ang symptoms kapag malamig pa yung car(pajero 97' 4D56 diesel) kapag nagpalit ng gear parang sliding clutch ang tunog "hinngggg" basta sliding ang dating ng tunog parang sabay mo tinapakan ang clutch at gas pedal pero all the way release ang gas pedal ko ...then after a couple km or mga 10 mins. or so wala ng prob good to go and normal na normal na ulit ang takbo no more weird sliding clutch sound ano po kaya prob? thanks for your time......

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kenzie View Post
    hi peeps pasingit na din since clutch naman ang topic dito ...

yung sa akin naman ganito ang symptoms kapag malamig pa yung car(pajero 97' 4D56 diesel) kapag nagpalit ng gear parang sliding clutch ang tunog "hinngggg" basta sliding ang dating ng tunog parang sabay mo tinapakan ang clutch at gas pedal pero all the way release ang gas pedal ko ...then after a couple km or mga 10 mins. or so wala ng prob good to go and normal na normal na ulit ang takbo no more weird sliding clutch sound ano po kaya prob? thanks for your time......

i had a almost similar problem..if malamig difficult to shift, my mechanic suggested that i replace the clutch assembly. i did and so far its ok naman.

my question is i hope mga experts can help give their views. i bought a seiken clutch master assembly. sabi kasi its a good replacement.
    auto supply ask me if aluminum or steel, oem is aluminum. i bought the steel one coz its cheaper.
    ano difference? which is more durable? somebody told me yung steel na clutch master mas mbilis daw mapudpod yung rubber sa clutch master.

please give insights. thanks

8. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    guys need help... ung mitsubishi 98 ko kpag tinapakan un clutch wla ganit,, tpos ndi mo maishift sa 1st gear... nagawa n dti un ng mechanic ko tpos after 1 month bumalik n nmn ung cra,,, ung spring po ang pinalitan dun.. 650 nga eh almost 1k din ngastos ko.. ang masama p n2 inabot ako sa daan ng cra. trffic nsa neutral ako tpos go n hindi ko maishift sa 1st gear... anu po kya cra nun.. pero kpag binomba ko ung clutch bumabalik nmn. buti d ako inabot sa slex.... knakbahn n ko gamitin un car ko... pls reply pipz... godbless

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12