New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    i am not sure kung tama yung pinaglagyan ko ng post ko. MODS, pasensya na po. anyway, my dilemma is i always tend to forget to release the hand break pag papaandarin ko na ung car. ang nangyayari nakakarating na ko sa kanto namin bago ko marealize na nakaengage pa yung handbreak. critical po ba yun? mga 2-3 times ng nangyari yun. do i have to have it checked or kahit hindi na? natatakot kasi ako na masira ung brakes or something. i am a newbie and it's my first car.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    matic ba yan?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005

If it is just a short distance, then it should not be a problem. But if it is quite a distance then there's a danger that your engine will knock....

So, you'd better be aware of disengaging the handbrake before you roll.....

7202:bruce_lee:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Maybe the red warning light in your dashboard should be enough to remind you that your handbrake is still engaged?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    on my manual car, hinde talaga aandar if engage ang handbrake ko, while on my matic car meron warning sound..

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    sa akin pag naka hand brake.. aandar sya.. pero mabagal..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    sa akin pag naka hand brake.. aandar sya.. pero mabagal..

I mean aandar siya but ma obvious mo naman na parang pigil yun takbo..

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    [SIZE=4]Maybe the red warning light in your dashboard should be enough to remind you that your handbrake is still engaged? [/SIZE]

ulitin natin to.......

hello, mararamdaman mo naman naglalabor ang makina!

9. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    [SIZE=3]Maybe the red warning light in your dashboard should be enough to remind you that your handbrake is still engaged?[/SIZE]
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    ulitin natin to.......

hello, mararamdaman mo naman naglalabor ang makina!
    Baka naman hindi nya masyadong mapansin yung indicator sa dashboard so I would sugest for you to put up a sign in front of you with BRIGHT LED lights everytime your handbrake is engaged.

[SIZE=3]!!! YOUR HANDBRAKE is ENGAGED !!![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    Seriously, maybe you could do a chant for the sequence of items that you need to operate, something like steps or procedure.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it comes with practice ... older drivers don't even think about it, their driving habits are so routine, their hand automatically goes to the handbrake soon after shifting to a gear

you will learn that too

always forgetting to release handbreak