New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    we'll just have to wait and see how this project pans out .... couple more weeks and we can react with our own experience so to say ...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I've been passing through c-5 Kalayaan eversince it opened. When traffic was starting to build up there already, logical talaga ang flyover but MMDA tried muna yun U-turn. Ok at first but there was just too much volume kaya di nila matanggal yun traffic lights. So MMDA planned for elevated u-turns after di ma-agree doon yun major flyover.

So I wait and see muna. Laking ginhawa nanyari doon sa first elevated flyover however, di talaga ma-maximize kasi nandoon pa rin ang traffic light.

Now malapit na rin matapos ang isa, wait and see muna.

I have reservations pa rin dati kasi mas favored ko a big flyover, pero I found the good logic behind itong u-turn flyover. One problem of a conventional flyover is that when trucks are climbing them, medyo mabagal ang takbo nila. So keeping it level, theoretically, mas faster ang flow nila.

My concern that it would be so successful that after the construction, there would be volume buildup after the intersection going into the fort soutbound and northbound over the c5-pasig flyover where there is now a long queue going down the flyover.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by nayki View Post
    Di siya totally experiment, matagal ng ginagamit sa ibang bansa ang elevated U turn. At sa ibang bansa like Thailand effective siya.

kung talagang nakapunta ka na sa Thailand dapat nakita mo yun difference ng elevated U turn nila doon saka dito sa atin...baka naman nabasa mo lang yun sinabi ni Bf na effective doon?

FYI, hinde kumuha ng lanes sa existing highways doon unlike dito...

dito lang sa atin ginagawa ng magaling na MMDA na para mapabilis yun highways eh nililiitan yun lanes instead na palakihin..

yun u turns palang eh super mali na by using concrete barriers eh yun barriers nakuha na yun inner lanes ng roads..

yun mga concrete bus seperators and pink fences...masikip na nga sa EDSA lalo pang pinapasikip ng napakagaling nating MMDA chairman, gusto pang tumakbong President...utot niya! magkalat na lang siya ng lagim sa Marikina huwag na niya damay buong Manila

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Yesterday was the first time I passed the intersection after the start of the construction of the second elevated Uturn.... Traffic southbound was heavy... I noticed that there are only 2 lanes under the flyover. Is that so?

7808:spam:

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Mguy View Post
    I've been passing through c-5 Kalayaan eversince it opened. When traffic was starting to build up there already, logical talaga ang flyover but MMDA tried muna yun U-turn. Ok at first but there was just too much volume kaya di nila matanggal yun traffic lights. So MMDA planned for elevated u-turns after di ma-agree doon yun major flyover.

So I wait and see muna. Laking ginhawa nanyari doon sa first elevated flyover however, di talaga ma-maximize kasi nandoon pa rin ang traffic light.

Now malapit na rin matapos ang isa, wait and see muna.

I have reservations pa rin dati kasi mas favored ko a big flyover, pero I found the good logic behind itong u-turn flyover. One problem of a conventional flyover is that when trucks are climbing them, medyo mabagal ang takbo nila. So keeping it level, theoretically, mas faster ang flow nila.

My concern that it would be so successful that after the construction, there would be volume buildup after the intersection going into the fort soutbound and northbound over the c5-pasig flyover where there is now a long queue going down the flyover.
    I am also waiting for the second one to be finished this month.

Ng natapos ang una, laking tulong. I do hope mawawala na ang traffic dyan sa lugar na iyan. Iyan kasi ang route ko papasok at pauwi.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I am not totally ignorant of the use of the elevated u-turn in other countries. But in other countries, they would allocate the u-turn its own side lanes so it wouldn't block the vehicle flow on the main road. You don't have to zigzag your way around the structure in order to go "straight". Those u-turns in other countries also allocate a long run-up to the actual structure. Those at the C-5 only have a few meters from the intersection for the cars to choose their proper lanes. Not to mention the up-ramp/downramp is located right in the middle of the highway! Its literally an accident waiting to happen.
    Tama si sir ghosthunter.
    The zigzagging structure under the elevated U-turn would slow down traffic specially since C-5 is being used by large Trucks. Plus add that those Jeepneys that stop in the zigzag area to pick up or drop passengers (especially during rainy season) then you get a slowdown in traffic. And the danger of a zigzag way under the elevated U-turn would surely invite accidents late at night.

The overpass would surely be a better way but it will also most likely be a two land overpass only, similar to the Ortigas ave flyover. But traffic would be faster with the overpass. The downside is the cost of the overpass which is supposedly around twice that of the combined price of the 2 elevated U-turn.

When this is completed it will surely elevate traffic but the flow of vehicle would have been faster if they made an overpass instead.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    u-turn slots, and i don't mean just the ones in c5, don't help ease traffic. in fact, they do the exact opposite - cause heavy build-up. worse, the build-up affects not just one but both directions - where the u-turning vehicles are coming from and going to.

aside from causing heavy traffic, it also promotes the kanya-kanya driving style, i.e. kanya-kanyang diskarete sa pag u-turn, bahala na yong ibang sasakyan sa buhay nila, basta ako makapag u-turn.

lastly, the barriers are not safe. ilang sasakyan na ba ang nabunggo sa mga barriers ng mga u-turn slots na yan?

bakit kasi hindi na lang traffic light ang gamitin? matattraffic ka na rin lang, don na sa me kaayusan. bayani, dumaan ka kasi sa mga kalsadang pinaglalalagyan mo ng u-turn slots ng walang kasamang mga hagad, para makita mo epekto ng mga pinaggagagawa mo!

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by n1kn0k View Post
    u-turn slots, and i don't mean just the ones in c5, don't help ease traffic. in fact, they do the exact opposite - cause heavy build-up. worse, the build-up affects not just one but both directions - where the u-turning vehicles are coming from and going to.
    Ask anyone who uses Quezon Ave or Marcos Highway regularly today (and before the u-turns slots were set up) before you make a comment like this.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by creepy View Post
    Ask anyone who uses Quezon Ave or Marcos Highway regularly today (and before the u-turns slots were set up) before you make a comment like this.

i have to agree with creepy on this one ... traffic before when the intesection of imelda ave(a tuazon) and marcos hiway(sta lucia mall /tropical hut/mc donald's intersection) was still open it was a b#%ch to pass by that intesection ...now its a smooth sailing operation for the last 5 or more so years no complaints here....

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by creepy View Post
    +1 here. I dreaded passing Quezon Ave. before because of all those traffic lights that were causing major travel time delays, specially when they were just green for just 10 seconds!

Now, I could travel from Edsa to Araneta Ave. in just under 10 mins.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Those pesky U-turn flyovers at C5 ...