New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Having driven around the area numerous times, I just wonder if those u-turn flyovers is the result of someone's thinking being too narrow?

Why?

How much more would it cost if they would make those u-turn flyovers into true-blue straight overpass flyovers? It would make more sense to make them into something similar to what we have at EDSA/Santolan intersection, right?

So who do we motorists and tax payers behead for this white elephant of a road project?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    oo nga! bakit di nalang ginawang totoong flyover system yan??

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Straight flyovers would've been more practical, since a lot of the traffic goes to and from SLEX/fort anyway.

This fascination with U-turns is really annoying. For those plying commonwealth avenue regularly, there's another 4-lane-eating, permanent U-turn slot to be constructed at commonwealth, near central. drivers can see the yellow markings where it will be

Considering what the other permanent U-turn slots did to rush hour traffic in commonwealth, this is bound to be another epic failure.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Ano nga kaya ang resulta ng study ng MM Traffic Engineering dito para nila mai-justify ang elevated u-turn vs. a flyover?.... Mayroon nga kayang MM Traffic Engineering?

7707:band:

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    A straight flyover still needs a traffic light underneath it for vehicles turning left while a pesky U-turn flyover doesn't even need one. All vehicles will be free flowing in all directions.
    Para lang syang rotonda but elevated :twak:

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I already have an opinion on this....
    For now i will reserve my judgement until the 2 eleveted U turn is fully functional.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    mukang malapit na matapos ung northbound na flyover... kelana kaya to matatapos?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that the elevated U-turns generate more traffic rather than alleviate it.

The problem is that the MMDA insists on doing infrastructure work which is not within its mandate or authority to do. Putting bridges, overpasses, flyovers, etc. are within the ambit of the DPWH.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurus View Post
    A straight flyover still needs a traffic light underneath it for vehicles turning left while a pesky U-turn flyover doesn't even need one. All vehicles will be free flowing in all directions.
    Para lang syang rotonda but elevated :twak:
    I agree but if heavy volume. the system can get congested.

Quote Originally Posted by 4JGtootsie View Post
    I already have an opinion on this....
    For now i will reserve my judgement until the 2 eleveted U turn is fully functional.
    wait and see muna tayo.

Quote Originally Posted by jmpet626 View Post
    mukang malapit na matapos ung northbound na flyover... kelana kaya to matatapos?
    april 15 ang target date.

Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that the elevated U-turns generate more traffic rather than alleviate it.

The problem is that the MMDA insists on doing infrastructure work which is not within its mandate or authority to do. Putting bridges, overpasses, flyovers, etc. are within the ambit of the DPWH.
    It helps reduce traffic by totaly eliminating traffic lights.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by meledson View Post
    It helps reduce traffic by totaly eliminating traffic lights.
    AFAIK, it adds to traffic by reducing the lanes devoted to what is supposed to be a highway parallel to EDSA.

And, I doubt if the traffic lights at the intersection of C5-Kalayaan can be removed.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Those pesky U-turn flyovers at C5 ...