New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Try driving at night at your normal pace when suddenly out of the gloom of night a dirty concrete barrier suddenly appears in your path.

Speed limits debate is a joke unless you drive like a grandmother on the highways when traffic is light. Do you drive at 40kph on EDSA?

Honestly, those barriers might not be a problem IF you drive through that road/street everyday but for those roads which you aren't familiar with, those barriers are a giant road hazard. Example, since i dont drive through commonwealth ave often (something like twice a year), any barriers setup there to "control" traffic flow can suddenly become a crash barrier as well if I was to try driving through there.
    Well, I guess you have not hit any barriers right? So this then makes it safe..

If these barriers are hazards, then I would have seen an accident every night, with people seriously injured or killed regularly.

But to be honest, I had a friend that have hit this barrier. He was DRUNK and speeding when he hit it.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJazz View Post
    Well, I guess you have not hit any barriers right? So this then makes it safe..
    The fact that I haven't hit a barrier isn't due to the "safe" barrier. it simply means I have been lucky so far. The same goes that since I haven't been hit by a bullet doesn't mean i am bulletproof.

If these barriers are hazards, then I would have seen an accident every night, with people seriously injured or killed regularly.
    I observed that nearly all concrete barriers bear the marks of vehicle impacts. It doesn't require a death-toll so see that they are unsafe.

And that summarizes the problem with pinoys. They tend to be more knee-jerk reaction type of people. They require a death-toll of sorts of get any movement for general safety for an obvious problem.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; April 13th, 2009 at 01:03 AM.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007

I observed that nearly all concrete barriers bear the marks of vehicle impacts. It doesn't require a death-toll so see that they are unsafe.
    maybe that's one reason barriers are not safe for you... instead of watching the road you're observing nearly all concreate barriers for vehicle impacts

And that summarizes the problem with pinoys. They tend to be more knee-jerk reaction type of people. They require a death-toll of sorts of get any movement for general safety for an obvious problem.
    until the barriers moves by itself, it will not be considered a safety issue, but for now just steer away from it

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kenzie View Post
    maybe that's one reason barriers are not safe for you... instead of watching the road you're observing nearly all concreate barriers for vehicle impacts
    if that's your arguement, its a very shallow point. It doesn't take half a brain to see those barriers' condition.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by creepy View Post
    Tumpak!!

I wonder if the naysayers will acknowledge they're wrong and apologize if traffic improves after the work on the elevated U-turns is finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    And I wonder if the proponents and advocates of these "brilliant" elevated u-turns will apologize if traffic does not improve at C5 at all.
    Kaya hintay na lang tayo matapos ang project before we bash one another on something that we had not have a hand in planning whatsoever.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    There are other unsafe conditions on the road which are considered risks like potholes, irresponsible motorists, scooters, pedestrians etc. But these other factors you can address by being alert, and the same is true with barriers.

No need to argue on the barriers as some people will see these as risks, especially the one who speeds, while others who benefit from the improved traffic conditions find this helpful.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    The issue here is not about how safe/good a driver you are or how those who wrap their cars around those barriers are idiots/drunks. It's about lessening the chances of accidents happening.

Anyone care to argue that a road littered with obstacles every hundred meters or so is safer?

We're humans and we all make mistakes.

If these u-turns work AND are devoid of any safety issues, then case closed.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    And I wonder if the proponents and advocates of these "brilliant" elevated u-turns will apologize if traffic does not improve at C5 at all.
    Tsk tsk. Defensive ah...

Don't be too defensive. What I (and some people) are saying is that everyone should keep an open mind, reserve judgement and stop heckling before the project is finished.

I hope the people heckling this project keep their minds open.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Those pesky U-turn flyovers at C5 ...