New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 84 of 190 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134184 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by gongrhey View Post
    Kelan kaya yung time na wala ng mga toll booth sa mga toll gates lahat RFID na parang gaya sa UAE. Less hassle, wala ng pila sa mga toll gates. Bili ka na lang ng recharge, then automatic charge na. Pag dumaan ka na walang load may violation ka. Mawawala lahat ng traffic sa mga toll gates. Nag skyway ka nga traffic naman sa dulo sa toll gate, wala rin.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    perhaps if they make it as easily available as, say, HK's octopus card...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by roninblade View Post
    more people really should be doing RFID; but people are resistant to change, and highway management are very unimaginative in making the RFID (or even the epass before) attractive in any way. parang walang marunong mag-strategize ng campaign to bring more people over.

re: PS
    agreed. the last entry and exit should have been after filinvest exit. this would have gotten rid of the bottlenecking that's happening constantly these days. maybe they didn't want to spend more? still seems like there wasn't enough studies and planning done.
    Since impossible naman naangyari dito na magkaroon ng exclusive lane from end to end discount na lang sa toll yun mga naka RFID para meron incentive kumuha.

Just checked their website and sobrang primitive naman ng loading, walang option na mag load thru CC manually auto debit lang pwede parsng eon card yata pwede ni hinde ko alam kung anong bank pa yan card na eon.

Wala talagang incentives eh mapabilis ka lang ng konti sa toll booth eh traffic din naman lahat pare-pareho before dumating.

Buti pa yun sa NLEX pwede mag load thru CC.

Kailan ba gagawa ng law na dapat discounted or free na ang toll pag na Traffic ng sobra yun mga motorist kaya walang ginagawa para ayusin yun traffic management ng SLEX dahil either way magbabayad pa rin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by shadow; February 3rd, 2019 at 08:52 AM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by gongrhey View Post
    Kelan kaya yung time na wala ng mga toll booth sa mga toll gates lahat RFID na parang gaya sa UAE. Less hassle, wala ng pila sa mga toll gates. Bili ka na lang ng recharge, then automatic charge na. Pag dumaan ka na walang load may violation ka. Mawawala lahat ng traffic sa mga toll gates. Nag skyway ka nga traffic naman sa dulo sa toll gate, wala rin.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Hinde kasi feasible dito ganyan. Primitive pa System natin dito sa mga violations.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by roninblade View Post
    more people really should be doing RFID; but people are resistant to change, and highway management are very unimaginative in making the RFID (or even the epass before) attractive in any way. parang walang marunong mag-strategize ng campaign to bring more people over.

re: PS
    agreed. the last entry and exit should have been after filinvest exit. this would have gotten rid of the bottlenecking that's happening constantly these days. maybe they didn't want to spend more? still seems like there wasn't enough studies and planning done.
    They have plan of extending the skyway papuntang south parsng nabasa ko before.
    Last edited by shadow; February 3rd, 2019 at 09:01 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    They have plan of extending the skyway papuntang south parsng nabasa ko before.
    Tagal na nila plano yan... First i heard about that was in the mid 2000s. Never nagmaterialize

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    I found out that installing an RFID is not possible to all types of vehicles. I mean, the windshield has no tint according to casa but the RFID reader doesn't work.

Another option is to install it on the headlights. The problem is, they refused to do it as the headlight is "too thin".

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    I found out that installing an RFID is not possible to all types of vehicles. I mean, the windshield has no tint according to casa but the RFID reader doesn't work.

Another option is to install it on the headlights. The problem is, they refused to do it as the headlight is "too thin".
    And what particular vehicle are you talking about, bro?..

This is news to me....

8. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

And what particular vehicle are you talking about, bro?..

This is news to me....
    It is the 2019 Santa Fe. The built-in 360 camera is great! It is possible to park it in between two vehicles without looking at the mirrors and rely solely to the screen. It will even project the movement of the car in four corners as you turn the steering wheel!

The seats on the middle row can be adjusted just like ...

What am I saying? This is all about RFID! I'm off topic again. [emoji3]

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    It is the 2019 Santa Fe. The built-in 360 camera is great! It is possible to park it in between two vehicles without looking at the mirrors and rely solely to the screen. It will even project the movement of the car in four corners as you turn the steering wheel!

The seats on the middle row can be adjusted just like ...

What am I saying? This is all about RFID! I'm off topic again. [emoji3]
    Maybe something in the vehicle electronics (passive or active) is interfering with the RFID (reader), bro.?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Maybe something in the vehicle electronics (passive or active) is interfering with the RFID (reader), bro.?

I'm not sure. This vehicle is equipped with a real heads-up display. I'm suspecting that there is a special coating to the windshield that interferes with the RFID reader.

However, the windshield can normally reflect whatever is on the dashboard so I really don't know. At the moment, cash is the way. Imagine the traffic jam on the tollbooths...