New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 190 123451151101 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Hi guys. I thought I'd share my experience in getting the new RFID tags for SLEX. Ithink this will be the ones replacing the e-pass right?

Anyway, youre required to fill up an application and submit an OR CR of your vehicles then upon payment of the initial P500 load (per vicle pwr sticker) someone will install the RFID sticker on your left headlight. That is if you brought your car otherwise you will have to come back again another time to have this installed by them because you cannot or not allowed to take home this sticker and install it yourself.

Why???

Im kinda pissed because my idea was just to transfer the epass or RFID to any vehicle I wish to use. Now I cant do that. I wanted to centralize expenses to one particular RFID or epass so that its easy to monitor expenses. Now if I had 4 cars then I have to reload 4 stickers which will probably be very confusing in the future.

I didnt have my OR CR with me today so I was sent home without getting any RFID. My bad. However, the fact that the RFID sticker is installed on the headlight glass and in my case plastic cover of the headlight got me thinking whether I'd still want the RFID or not because I prefer to have the RFID sticker on my windshield and not on my headlight!

Well this got me thinking whether to come back to their Bicutan office or not. I kinda lost interest already.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I have no problem with one tag per car, you are not really supposed to switch e-pass. I got mine when they first introduced it in early 2000 and the toll gates even had a reminder that switching of tags is not allowed. The tag is assigned to your car talaga.

My problem is the sticker. I won't be switching to a sticker because I happen to prefer my tag. It's inside my car and I hear a beap when I pass the toll. I don't like the idea of a sticker because it's easily damaged or stolen. For those who don't pass slex regularly, you wouldn't notice if your sticker is missing already.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    curious din ako dyan sa rfid sticker na nakadikit sa headlites.
    wont it be damaged during rain or carwash? hindi rin kaya natatangal ang dikit?
    isa pang issue ko dyan, baka manenok...mapagtripan sa parking ng mga bata o taong walang magawa. so wala na yung balance mo.... bili ka ulit ng bago.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

curious din ako dyan sa rfid sticker na nakadikit sa headlites.
    wont it be damaged during rain or carwash? hindi rin kaya natatangal ang dikit?
    isa pang issue ko dyan, baka manenok...mapagtripan sa parking ng mga bata o taong walang magawa. so wala na yung balance mo.... bili ka ulit ng bago.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ang hinde ko maintindhan bakit kailangan pa sa gitna ng headlight? Hinde ba pwede sa taas gilid?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    FYI. If you have multiple vehicles each under one RFID account name, all of them will be sharing credit. No need to load each one separately. The easiest way is to enroll in auto bank debit and have the account autoloaded when the balance is below 500.

The only issue I have with the RFID is that the system is still buggy. It will work in some toll booths and not with others. You have to report which toll booths aren't processing your RFID and wait for them to update their system.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    I guess this can answer your questions : New Subscription | RFID Customer Portal
    Eto naman po yung terms and conditions : http://skywayslexrfid.com/wp-content...cialPolicy.pdf

*fullmetaljacket - not sure kung pwede sa individual yung Option B – Corporate Individual Account: One (1) RFID Account, Multiple RFID tags individually assigned to multiple enrolled vehicles. The balance of the RFID account is shared by all the RFID tags installed on the enrolled vehicles as designated by the subscriber primarily for personal use.
    nasa rules din nila yung The RFID tag shall be mounted on the enrolled vehicle only by authorized tollways representatives kaya mukhang wala tayong magagawa

*_Cathy_ - di ku alam kung iphase-out nila si epass eventually kung maging successful si RFID

*shadow - sa autoindustriya site, pwedeng pumili kung sa left headlight or sa windshield : http://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-i...ed-e-card.html

*Jo.A - concern ko din to kaya bibili na lang ako kung tested na sya. will also practice checking the balance online to ensure that I am correctly debited by their system.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    no thank you! I hope they give us the option to keep the tag. I don't mind paying for a tag!!!

Masyado maselan yan sticker na yan! I happen to enjoy cleaning my headlights!

4. Proper Handling of the RFID tag. Throughout the term of this Agreement, the subscriber shall be responsible for the proper handling of the RFID tag. The subscriber shall ensure that the RFID tag is properly installed on his vehicle at all times. ONLY Tollways Authorized Representatives are allowed to perform the mounting of the appropriate RFID tag.

4.1. The Subscriber shall not remove, tear, cut, transfer or alter whatsoever the RFID tag from the enrolled vehicle/s under any circumstance.

4.2. The following should be avoided in order to preserve the tag:
     Use of harsh detergent on the tag during car wash.
     Heavy rubbing on the tag.
     Other acts that may cause damaged to the tag.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    no thank you! I hope they give us the option to keep the tag. I don't mind paying for a tag!!!

Masyado maselan yan sticker na yan! I happen to enjoy cleaning my headlights!
    At di lang tayo mismo. Pano kung mapagtripan na tanggalin ng anak, pamangkin, or kapitbahay nyo.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dos2 View Post
    At di lang tayo mismo. Pano kung mapagtripan na tanggalin ng anak, pamangkin, or kapitbahay nyo.
    May nabasa nga ako dito sa board, tinanggal ng anak kasi akala tape.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Thanks for all the response. All the posts are very useful and informative.

I think I will wait before I come back to Bicutan again. At least until they sort out the following:

1. Reloading the RFID - they said there are only 2 reloading stations: Bicutan office and another one which I forgot. Therefore I'd be better off (for now) lining up on tollbooths versus reloading them in Bicutan and not to mention bringing all my cars from QC to Bicutan for the RFID install!

2. Finalize whether it's only for the headlight or it can be mounted on the windshield. The skyway guy there said it was only for a headlight position due to the tollbooth sensor position. I dont like putting any sticker on my headlights!

3. I really prefer the old epass gadget or easytrip (for my nlex trips) versus RFID. I dont like stickers that will definitely in time wear out, get stolen, or even ruin my plastic headlight lense. Headlight lenses temp goes up soecially at night when we use our headlights and we know what happens when adhesive come in contact with extreme heat. They melt and loose their stickiness!

Well that's just me. I will wait for a while...

Tnx!

Page 1 of 190 123451151101 ... LastLast