New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 190 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Is this an alternative product or will this replace the old e-pass tags? Malupit din ang conditions ha.. if insufficient ang load mo to pass thru, may traffic violation ticket ka. So will the same rule apply to the current e-pass system too?

Pano pag natanggal at nawala, papalitan ba nila?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Is this an alternative product or will this replace the old e-pass tags? Malupit din ang conditions ha.. if insufficient ang load mo to pass thru, may traffic violation ticket ka. So will the same rule apply to the current e-pass system too?

Pano pag natanggal at nawala, papalitan ba nila?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Was wondering, why is the RFID provider requiring its customers to stick the device on headlights? From what I understand during the launch, you have two options: headlight or windshield mount. Mounting shouldn't even be an issue since the provider bragged during their introduction that the RFID can be read by the transponder even at speeds of 50 km/h.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Maybe because its readers are mounted at that level? I've seen some villages with their RFIDs installed on the passenger-side headlight.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    The building where I used to work in BGC had the same RFID sticker for our covered parking lot and required us to mount it on the headlight as well. I mounted the sticker at the back of my company ID / access tag and it worked well anyway. I just open my window and wave the tag in all directions and it worked. Wondering why they insist on mounting it on the headlights as well?!?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2012

6. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Tsk tsk... No mention sa loading via BPI expressonline.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    "Specify if your windshield is NOT tint-free. For cars with front windshield tint will, they will install the alternate headlight-mounted external RFID sticker.
    Using a handheld device, they will test that the sticker works through the glass before applying the adhesive.
    Once verified to be working, they will position the sticker in the center of the windshield and at least 3 inches from the edge of the top of the windshield. In case there are obtrusions, like a rearview mirror stem, they will position the sticker 3 inches below that. With the owner’s go-ahead signal, they will mount the sticker. If the windshield is not feasible, they will use the version designed for the headlight— a clear strip with a black square, which they will insist to place in the very center of the headlight."

"One RFID account is all that’s needed for multiple cars. This is quite convenient because one prepaid load is shared amongst all RFID stickers."

Last edited by JohnM; May 28th, 2015 at 06:49 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hinde daw pwede idikit Sa glass yun RFID for headlight kaya hinde Sa labas ng windshield dinidikit. Pang plastic Lang daw Dapat idikit.

Then kaya Sa middle part ng headlight dahil dapat meron allowance from the metal part

As of now. You can only load it at their offices in calamba? And bicutan and in SMB head office in ortigas. But they will eventually roll out daw online payment sa June or July. So if you want convenience you have no choice but to have it auto debit from your credit card.

With the horror stories I've heard about auto debit from credit cards. Pwede kaya yun mga prepaid card and I tag Sa RFID?
    Last edited by shadow; May 28th, 2015 at 07:46 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post

With the horror stories I've heard about auto debit from credit cards. Pwede kaya yun mga prepaid card and I tag Sa RFID?
    Epass ko auto debit for several years already. I never had problems naman. Pag nag double charge sila mabilis naman sila mag reverse, though I don't really check my statement. I have an idea naman how much I should be charged.

10. Join Date
    May 2015
    i got my rfid tag installed almost 2 weeks ago. may pila and it took us 1-1.5hrs to complete the application process. ang requirements filled-up application form, copy of your CR/OR and a valid ID. hindi naman mandatory na sa headlight iinstall yong tag, desisyon mo pa rin. as explained to me by the installer, recommended nila na sa headlight install ang tag kasi raw hindi mabasa kung sa windshield lalo na sa mga SUV kasi mataas. tinanong ko kung di ba madaling matanggal, hindi naman daw unless intentional and he showed me several vehicles with tag on headlights. so i agreed na sa headlight na rin iinstall.

btw free ang rfid tag all you need to do is reload your account and you can have as many rfid tag as needed linked to your account. pero pag nasira/nawala mo yong tag, you need to pay P200 for the replacement. mukhang ok naman at matibay ang pagkakadikit nong rfid tag sticker. hindi nga sya basta basta matatanggal unless intentinally done.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

i got my rfid tag installed almost 2 weeks ago. may pila and it took us 1-1.5hrs to complete the application process. ang requirements filled-up application form, copy of your CR/OR and a valid ID. hindi naman mandatory na sa headlight iinstall yong tag, desisyon mo pa rin. as explained to me by the installer, recommended nila na sa headlight install ang tag kasi raw hindi mabasa kung sa windshield lalo na sa mga SUV kasi mataas. tinanong ko kung di ba madaling matanggal, hindi naman daw unless intentional and he showed me several vehicles with tag on headlights. so i agreed na sa headlight na rin iinstall.

btw free ang rfid tag all you need to do is reload your account and you can have as many rfid tag as needed linked to your account. pero pag nasira/nawala mo yong tag, you need to pay P200 for the replacement. mukhang ok naman at matibay ang pagkakadikit nong rfid tag sticker. hindi nga sya basta basta matatanggal unless intentinally done.