New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrarifan View Post
    you misinterpreted my post sir. what i mean is you should indeed wear them while sitting at the back, since sitting at the back without wearing one does not make one safer, as most passengers think they are.

my second statement should have been "it doesn't you make you any safer if you're at the back (and not wearing a seat belt)". i assumed it would be already interpreted as such since i already made the first statement. my apologies for the confusion.
    noted, sir.
    i had to re-read your original statement three times, with your explanation in mind, to finally gets the intended meaning.
    mahina yata IQ ni doc today.. hindi kasi nag-cereal kanina..

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Yes I know. I'm not sure if it's a good thing that I am rarely seated at the back (always drving myself)

I'm not sure if I remember correctly but I think not all vehicles in the 70s had seatbelts at the back?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    many local vehicles of the 70s had no seatbelts at all. front or back.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    i find it funny that our lawmakers did not compel passengers at the back to wear seat belts. same thing with motorcycle passengers not required to wear helmets. gagawa din lang ng law for road safety di pa nilubos-lubos.

but at the end of the day, it is us road users who should realize that we should use these safety devices for our own good, with or without the law. mahirap na magsisi sa bandang huli.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    kailan nga ba na-implemented ang seat belt law dito sa atin? i always buckle up every time i drive/ride a car kahit hindi pa implemented dito sa pinas ang seat belt law. and i always got a strange stare from those peeps seeing me buckled up way back then. O_o
    now it's my habit to ask everybody who rides with me that no seat belts, no go.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    And it is much more dangerous putting your seatbelt on while moving hahaha. Some people ganito ang practice! Double trouble ito.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrarifan View Post
    i find it funny that our lawmakers did not compel passengers at the back to wear seat belts. same thing with motorcycle passengers not required to wear helmets. gagawa din lang ng law for road safety di pa nilubos-lubos.

but at the end of the day, it is us road users who should realize that we should use these safety devices for our own good, with or without the law. mahirap na magsisi sa bandang huli.
    i guess it is because the safety issues for front passengers are pretty much down pat.
    the issues for rear passengers appear to be "more complicated".

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by benchman View Post
    kailan nga ba na-implemented ang seat belt law dito sa atin? i always buckle up every time i drive/ride a car kahit hindi pa implemented dito sa pinas ang seat belt law. and i always got a strange stare from those peeps seeing me buckled up way back then. O_o
    now it's my habit to ask everybody who rides with me that no seat belts, no go.
    Dunno also. I got used to it in the early 90s even before I started driving. We used to go to Subic a lot and they were very strict about those things. Full stop on intersections and wearing seatbelts etc

Sent from my ASUS_T00I using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Dunno also. I got used to it in the early 90s even before I started driving. We used to go to Subic a lot and they were very strict about those things. Full stop on intersections and wearing seatbelts etc

it's the 90's also i started to drive. basta pakiramdam ko may kulang talaga kapag hindi ako naka-seat belt. often times i left forgot my phone at home but not my seat belt. =)

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Same here. It's like reflex for me na when I get in the car hehehe.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Same here. It's like reflex for me na when I get in the car hehehe.

it does become second nature. a good habit to develop by all motorists imo.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast