I'm seeing drivers who use the 1st gear when going thru a road hump, and some use 2nd gear. There are also situations wherein they change to a lower gear first (either 1st gear or 2nd gear) when approaching the road hump. For some, they change to a lower gear (again, either 1st or 2nd) after passing the road hump.

1.) What should be the proper way in driving when approaching a road hump? Should we just slow down to the speed (~10-15 kph) appropriate at the 2nd gear then let momentum work to make the car pass the road hump? Or should we bring down the car's speed to ~5 kph and make a slow motion passing the road hump?

2.) Is it true that we should only engage the 1st gear when in full stop? I've been hearing this from a lot of drivers. But I'm also seeing a lot engaging the 1st gear in a road hump even though the car's speed is still in ~5-10 kph. For others, they engage the 2nd gear when traveling * 5-10kph.

3.) Should we change gear before approaching the road hump? Or during the point that the car is in a road hump? Or after passing a road hump?

Hope experts and experienced drivers can share their thoughts on this. TIA