New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by XTO View Post
    NBI and Police Clearance are only required for new Prof DL applicants for better screening. No need for renewal. Just watched over TV Patrol [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    For good na kaya? Sana naman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    For good na kaya? Sana naman.

I think and I hope. Amf para tayo nag apply ng trabaho evey 3 years[emoji856]

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Sa Bandila naman, LTO clarifies only new applicants are required to secure NBI and Police clearance and not those who will renew.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    parang nag experimento lang itong taga LTO ah :thumbdown: --

LTO: NBI, police clearances no longer needed to apply for driver's license

Thursday, November 26, 2015 6:50AM

Drivers apply for or renewing their licenses with the Land Transportation Office need not bring clearances from the police and National Bureau of Investigation, the LTO said on Wednesday.

GMA News' "late evening newscast "Saksi" reported late Wednesday evening that LTO spokesman Jason Salvador gave the clarification on the license requirements.

Some drivers protested the lack of clarity on LTO policy on the requirements needed for the driver's license.

Earlier, Department of Transportation and Communication (DOTC) Secretary Joseph Emilio Abaya suspended the LTO directive on the need for NBI and police clearances, but the LTO, saying it has not yet been informed of Abaya's decision, still required the clearances on Wednesday, irking the drivers who protested.

In a radio interview with DZBB Abaya said he suspended the LTO order because it needed guidelines. — ELR, GMA News

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wala talaga karapatan mga criminals mag drive. In fact wala na talaga sila dapat karapatan mabuhay

6. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    I like the idea na wag na ipadrive ang mga criminals. Pero sana padaliin naman ang pagkuha sa nbi clearance bago ituloy to. At tsaka yung corruption. Baka naman kahit criminal ka, konting abot lang, may clearance na

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

perhaps this requirement should also be adopted for government appointive & elective officials..?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Wala talaga karapatan mga criminals mag drive. In fact wala na talaga sila dapat karapatan mabuhay

I agree, kung may kaso atnahatulan, dapat hindi nga magdrive professionaly at least.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

perhaps this requirement should also be adopted for government appointive & elective officials..?
    As far I know it is. Convicted felon can't hold public office. Of course ERAP is a different animal. [emoji23]

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    yung mga criminal (for example robbers or murderers or kidnappers or carnappers or especially miembro ng mga sindikato) walang takot mga iyan. do you think they'll be afraid driving without license? andaming IDs at lisensyang mga iyan na iba-iba pa ang pangalan.

ang problema iyung na convicto, pumasok na dun sa kulungan at lumaya, at nagbabagong buhay na after the life of crimes, ANDUN pa din yung record nila.

your record in the nbi or pnp will only be deleted if your criminal case has been dismissed or you are acquitted.

i knew somebody in high school. he was bullied by this escaño kid (connected with escaño shipping lines. he was a son or nephew of a judge) because he couldn't take it anymore, he went home, took the gun of his father, and shot and killed the escaño kid. because of the influence of the family of the latter, he was convicted and sent to muntinglupa at a very young age. (see: people of the philippines vs. rene boy tac-an because the case went all the way up to the Supreme Court)

while serving his sentence at the national bilibid prison, a daughter of a japanese media mogul visited npb for her thesis. there she met him. she was enamored with him. he was good looking and played in the prison band.

after serving time, they got married. he got rich by affinity and now driving "nice" cars.

he was a criminal, yes, but would he or people like him not entitled to a driver's license?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast