New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 39 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    If you take a bus from Fairview going to Quiapo, you'll have to come down at Mabuhay Rotunda. Buses are now forced to make u-turn back. Traffic now backed up to the Pantranco along Quezon Avenue. But it's traffic free along Espana to Quiapo now... Kawawa mga bus commuters.

But kudos to Manila for putting their foot down on those abusive buses...

By Aie Balagtas See (The Philippine Star) | Updated July 23, 2013 - 12:00am
    0 1 googleplus0 0
    MANILA, Philippines - Manila’s ban on city and provincial buses without existing terminals in the city will start today.

In an earlier phone interview, Vice Mayor Isko Moreno said violators of Resolution No. 48, which the city council passed last week to regulate the buses, will be fined.

The resolution, authored by Councilor Manuel Zarcal, aims to address the city’s “ever-worsening traffic congestion” caused by the high volume of buses.

It cited a study conducted by the University of the Philippines, Japan International Cooperation Agency and the Department of Transportation and Communications that showed that the high volume of buses is one of the biggest factors contributing to traffic congestion, and Manila is the hardest hit among the 16 cities and one town in the metropolis.

“It is high time and imperative to regulate the use of all roads and streets by...allowing only public utility provincial and city buses with existing terminals within the city,” read the resolution adopted on July 16.

Moreno said 500 to 900 buses from 950 operators may be affected by the policy.
    Last edited by Monseratto; July 23rd, 2013 at 10:38 AM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bakit naman kawawa? Ganun dapat talaga

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    #retzing

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    just heard this on the radio. kakaiba nga daw ang luwang ng daan sa taft ave. ngayon

i wonder kung affected iyong mga las pinas-lawton buses? not clear about the terminal/station rules. iyan kasi sinasakyan ko pag may laro ang ph national football team sa rizal. hehe katamad kasi magdala ng sasakyan sa maynlia
    Last edited by baludoy; July 23rd, 2013 at 10:58 AM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I always wondered why there's a bus route on Q. Ave - Espana. That road is narrow (Esp at the U-turn slots). That's one road that begs for an MRT/LRT as well.

I wonder if Mr. Tolentino will ever, get even a slightest hint from this move...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    mukhang sinesoryoso talaga ni erap na patinuin ang manila, pero di ko maiwasan isipin na ginagawa niya ito para kila jv, jinggoy, etc.. para kapag retirado or deads na siya, magagamit nila yung ginagawa niya ngayon sa kampanya "sinimulan ng tatay ko, ipagpapatuloy ko/ nagawa ni erap, anak niya ko kaya kaya ko rin" kinda thing.. pero good to know nga kung lumuluwag at bumibilis na ang biyahe sa city of manila.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    buses without terminals. dapat lang na hindi yan payagan. san yan magpapark pag magpapahinga mga driver?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Sobrang traffic na sa Q.Ave, hindi daw nakipag coordinate ang manila sa MMDA, pero that's good, nagtataka din ako bakit may BUSES sa Q.AVE - ESPANYA eh sa Uturn slots dito sa D.tuazon to Rotonda, pag may humintong bus, para magsakay, hinto lahat ng nasa likod kasi yung Uturn-slots 2 lanes sakop para sa mga truck.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Effing finally!

Now if they can just impound more than 1,000 colorum buses plying EDSA as well, that'd be a great accomplishment. Para hindi na maka-biyahe ulit ang colorum, i-compactor at i-shred na lang!

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    good job sana ituloy tuloy nila.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Erap for mmda chairman! I don't care if he is a convicted plunderer, but if he can get rid the streets of MM of all the colorum buses and jeepneys he would have my vote.

Page 1 of 39 1234511 ... LastLast