what I heard from the news.

- It will be 3 phases, phase 1 is from pasay to megamall, phase 2 is from megamall to north ave. phase 3 is from north ave. to balintawak

- will take 12 months to 23 months, 12 months kung round the clock ang paggawa, will start may 2013

- will use high grade asphalt, according to them can last 10 years without maintenance, unlike sa ginagamit nila sa coastal road na konting uilan eh lubak na naman

- will build a flyover both for nb and sb of edsa taft, which they identified as the heaviest bottleneck of edsa, thank god, i passby this bottleneck everyday, 11pm na ng gabi traffic pa rin dyan.

- will also build elevated bus loading and unloading platform, i hope this solves the problem where bus takes 3 lanes and 1 lane left for 3 lane trafic to merge.

- at least 3 lanes will be left open at any point of edsa, around 150 meters per work station.

- 50+ alternate routes have been identified.

my reaction, im excited and at the same time dreading this project, excited kasi after this mababawasan travel time ko (hopefully, else it will be a waste of P3.4 billion), dreading kasi i pass by edsa everyday, im planning to take alternate route but the traffic may also spread around edsa, like c5 and manila route. at yung edsa taft flyover construction ngayon pa lang grabe na traffic dyan lalo na during construction, pero sabi nga nila pag may tyaga, may nilaga.

here's hoping this only takes 1 year.