New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    You are at a "disadvantage" if you follow the correct distance of your EWD, as you have said, it might be stolen. The one who taught me how to set it up said that I should place it "near" me so that I can easily see it and no one will attempt to take it.
    But it defeated the purpose of warning incoming vehicles in advance Kung malapit lang ilagay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    You are at a "disadvantage" if you follow the correct distance of your EWD, as you have said, it might be stolen. The one who taught me how to set it up said that I should place it "near" me so that I can easily see it and no one will attempt to take it.
    Ideally it should be at least 15 ft. Away from your car. There is a chance it could get stolen, but I'd risk it instead of an accident.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    But it defeated the purpose of warning incoming vehicles in advance Kung malapit lang ilagay

This is true... and as mentioned by *minicarp, you should have two sets, back and front.
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    dapat dalawa ang bilhen nyo kasi pag nasiraan kayo sa one lane road, bale maging late warning device na yun sa opposite lane
    This is for you to have enough space to work safely should you replace your tire.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by falken View Post
    Ideally it should be at least 15 ft. Away from your car. There is a chance it could get stolen, but I'd risk it instead of an accident.

15 ft yun red then Ilan feet Yun yellow from the red?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    15 ft yun red then Ilan feet Yun yellow from the red?

About 10 ft., but on highways add another 5 to 10 ft. Each.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    They do spot checking? Or you got stalled along the road then nadaanan ka without it?

Was flagged down during LTO checkpoint,and parang 2 kami na nabigyan ng ticket since wala EWD na nai present, other vehicle is not wearing seatbelt yung violation during that time.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    Ang swerte mo naman

Dito sa Bayombong pag bago ang sasakyan mo wala silang pakialam yung mga old vans, motorcycles, cars, delivery trucks lang laging pinapara.
    Oo nga sir sobrang swerte yung kasabay ko nahuli is crosswind and 2 kami na Innova, ang sabi nung kasabay ko na nahuli is bagong lipat from Quirino yung mga LTO enforcer's na nanghuli that time sa Bayombong kaya nagpapasikat pa and kailangan daw maka hit ng quota.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jojomonsalud View Post
    Was flagged down during LTO checkpoint,and parang 2 kami na nabigyan ng ticket since wala EWD na nai present, other vehicle is not wearing seatbelt yung violation during that time.
    akala ko, if they have no suspicion, all they may do is flag us down and "look only". that anything else more than that, may be construed as harrassment...?

years ago, the "inspectors" on the road, were demanding to see our updated emissions test certificate.
    sabi ko, "nakasulat ba ito sa batas, o nag-bobolahan lang tayo?"
    he "let us go, after a few warnings to respect authority".
    Last edited by dr. d; March 20th, 2018 at 10:24 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345