New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dcph172 View Post
    Anyone renewed their license recently? Any heads up san maluwag, konti tao and mabilis?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hmmm you might want to go towards near closing time. When I renewed my car’s registration, I went mga 30 mins before closing I think & konti lang ang tao.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bugsmobile View Post
    Hmmm you might want to go towards near closing time. When I renewed my car’s registration, I went mga 30 mins before closing I think & konti lang ang tao.
    car license of driver license,
    i avoid the so-called rush hours.
    i go at 10:30 am or at 3 pm.
    tip ng kakilala kong worker doon.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Last August, I renewed my DL at Tiendesitas. Ako lang tao dun nung mga bago mag-10:00 AM. In and out ng wala pang 30 minutes. Make sure may account ka na sa LTMS bago ka pumunta doon para di ka na magreregister pa doon sa site.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Tiendesitas it is. Thanks guys!

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    There is a new branch at paseo center in Makati CBD. Friend had her license renewed in 10 minutes. She was the only customer that day daw
    Quote Originally Posted by dcph172 View Post
    Anyone renewed their license recently? Any heads up san maluwag, konti tao and mabilis?

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

6. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    kelangan ba mag pa medical agad before pumunta? or may kukunin pa form sa lto? or wala ng medical ngayon?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dhisky View Post
    kelangan ba mag pa medical agad before pumunta? or may kukunin pa form sa lto? or wala ng medical ngayon?
    yung medical nila check weight, BP and eye sight lang naman hehehe. Sa LTO mismo, I renewed in 2019, took me less than 30 mins.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    yung medical nila check weight, BP and eye sight lang naman hehehe. Sa LTO mismo, I renewed in 2019, took me less than 30 mins.
    Parang nabalita kasi dati na naka hiwalay na yung nga accredited clinics tapos kelan pa mag pa sched. 2016 pa last renew ko.

thank you!

9. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by dhisky View Post
    Around 2 renewal cycles ago, nag issue ng memo ang LTO that they will accept med certs from other doctors. I decided to try it out so I downloaded the form from their website, then brought the lab results of my recent annual company phys. exam to a friend who was a government doctor. He examined me, looked at my lab documents and then filled out the form with an additional note on his personaliized prescription pad (with his office 'letterhead') that I was phys. fit. w/o any impediment to drive...

When I brought this to the DL renewal center in SM Manila, a grumpy elderly lady at the counter gave all sorts of excuses, they can't accept it daw... valid pa ba daw yung license ng doctor, etc... etc... I said that doctor is an incumbent Medical Officer IV at the DOH. You think the Civil Service Commission would approve his appointment if he was fake? You may also call their office number there to verify if you want. Ayaw talaga. Finally though, after speaking to a more senior guy in charge, he said they would allow it.

Hindi ko nga lang na tinuloy. You know how these guys work. Iipitin mga papel mo, mysteriously nawala yung license na due for release na dapat, etc. So I just renewed at a different center the following week, having the medical done dun sa attached "clinic' nila na wala namang kwenta (BP lang) ginawa.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    And yes, I'm fairly certain they also get something from the fees charged for the medical exam kaya andami nilang palusot (notwithstanding the memo from LTO main at the time). Not all crooks in gov't get their dirty money from malversing funds or seeking bribes. Some have more "benign" rackets, clothed under a thin veneer of some (allegedly) legal justification to do so.

By the way, I actually know someone with progressively worsening Parkinson's disease that renewed his professional DL. So much for medical screening... I completely understand that he can't afford to lose his job but, what if someone loses their life because of that?

Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast