New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Yes it is still colorum in the eyes of the kotong boys. Just transfer the title to your company to be safe.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    i dont know how true is this. pero ang sabi ng supplier namin, ang ginagawa nila ngayon is get a "waiver" from LTFRB, then transfer trucks to company name, then apply for yellow plates. yung waiver daw is waiver na hindi for hire yung sasakyan.

pero diba ang yellow plate is for public vehicles? ang labo naman. ok lang sa akin kung may bagong regulation, pero sana naman clear and may time for us to change whatever is needed. ngayon kasi walang time to change/correct, huli agad.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I really dont understand this ruling. I mean its your truck, you paid for it, you use it to move your legally purchased items and your still considered colorum. WTF! Why do you need to get a franchise to use your own trucks for your pick up and deliveries?

My trucks are 2nd hand, mostly 1990s model. So they are fully depreciated. If my drivers are flagged down for colorum, the penalty is more than the truck is worth. Might be better for me to tell them to take the stupid truck and report it as stolen.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Hmmm, magulo ito ah.

We have trucks and trailers, all green plates. We use them to haul sugarcane from farm to mill. We are not a trucking service provider.

So what does that mean? Convert all plates to yellow? Truck and trailer? Tapos waiver? WTH ..........

We are being stewed in our own fat ..........

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Hmmm, magulo ito ah.

We have trucks and trailers, all green plates. We use them to haul sugarcane from farm to mill. We are not a trucking service provider.

So what does that mean? Convert all plates to yellow? Truck and trailer? Tapos waiver? WTH ..........

We are being stewed in our own fat ..........
    magulo nga. daming grey areas and opportunity to extort money...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^

I would'nt care less if they extort money on those colorum buses, jeepneys, tricycles, etc.

But for trucks moving goods, commodities (commercial) .......... dapat they should have clear cut rules.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    FYi most of the trucking companies doing business here in the port are owned by either a retired general or customs official, thus, they might be exempted from that AO. Isang tawag lang ng mga driver or pahinante sa boss nila, free to go na cla malamang.

I may be stupid, but I am not a fool.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by wezz_zzew View Post
    FYi most of the trucking companies doing business here in the port are owned by either a retired general or customs official, thus, they might be exempted from that AO. Isang tawag lang ng mga driver or pahinante sa boss nila, free to go na cla malamang.

I may be stupid, but I am not a fool.

so... protektado na naman ang mga may koneksyon.. yung mga BOSS NYA ang laglag...

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    May news feed sa abscbnnews.com na may 10 buses na facing 1M fines due to colorum... nakahuli daw ay LTO... (actually yesterday pagkalabas ko ng LTFRB vicinity then passed by EDSA.. may LTO nga nag operate dun)..

what's weird and not really funny.. sa interview kahapon ni Sec Abaya with Ted FAILon, sinabi ni Sec Abaya na ang tanging pupuwede lang manghuli under the new Joint AO was LTFRB (di ko sure kung kasama LTO.. but malamang siguro oo)... makes sense kung LTO nga ang humuli sa mga to...

pero may press release din ang MMDA na nanghuhuli pa din sila ng colorum.. yun nga lang ang penalty di ganun kalaki since di pa sila deputized ng LTO/LTFRB... so sa dulo.. talaga.. ang importante ay makahuli at maka kolekta mula sa multa.. hindi talaga iniisip yung paano i enforce.. paano i administer yung batas...

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
DOTC Joint Administrative Order No. 2014-01: Revised fines for traffic violations