New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Dark tine is a security measure specially for lady drivers. It has nothing to do with using high beam.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    The other question that begs to be asked is, what are the maximum wattages and types of light that one is allowed to use on their cars. Let us say I have a new car and that car's lights would be mich brighter than say a car made 10 years ago. The driver of the older car might think that the driver of the new car is using its high beam when they face each other on the road. The same goes for rear tail lights. The new cars use super bright LEDs that I find blinding.

Anyway going back to the topic, I am of the opinion that it shouldn't be disallowed as we all know that global warming is making our weather hotter and I want to maintain my privacy. I'm very wary of how some bad people always try to see how many people are in a car when they want to do something. I also don't want to cook my speakers, dashboard and leather seats. Be that as it may, if it did become illegal, I would comply.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    eh ung drvier kaya ang i-ban instead of dak tinted windshield?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by K.I.L.L. View Post
    The same goes for rear tail lights. The new cars use super bright LEDs that I find blinding.
    Agree.

Nakakainis minsan magkaron ng 10.5 Gen Altis sa harap mo pag sobrang traffic tapos gabi pa.

I mean, I know the owners couldn't do anything about it. Pero sana naman hindi ganun kaliwanag ginawa ng Toyota.

Para ka na rin tinapatan ng HIDs eh. Hehe.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 2

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Agree.

Nakakainis minsan magkaron ng 10.5 Gen Altis sa harap mo pag sobrang traffic tapos gabi pa.

I mean, I know the owners couldn't do anything about it. Pero sana naman hindi ganun kaliwanag ginawa ng Toyota.

Para ka na rin tinapatan ng HIDs eh. Hehe.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 2
    Im aware of this... is this an excuse for me to go EUDM (red tail lights? :D

That's why in traffic i dont prolong the use of my brake lights when stopped and instead use the handbrake. PAg naka high beam yung ugok sa likod ko,that's where i keep on the brakes + RFL.

I also think that constant high beam use has more to do poor eyesight or poor headlight aiming coupled with an utter lack of awareness on road etiquette.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Some people just want to watch your eyes burn... ...If only it were legal to install HIDs on the trunk.

A light mirror tint on the windshielf suffices for privacy and security. US law allows a modest amount of tint on the windshield, but bans darker tints.

Dark tints are just about useable in the daylight and at night time, but in emergency situations, like power outages, or driving in typhoon weather on provincial roads, they are a hazard. Especially on asphalt roads, which are hard enough to see in the rain without tint.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    only papers stolen.. good for you! so while your more expensive radio was left intact, the bag was stolen. now, does this not give you an idea of how robbers think?

actually, putting everything (within reason, of course) of potential commercial value in the trunk, away from prying eyes, IS recommended by authorities.

i am only against front windshield tints, and, to a degree, rear windshield tints. to me, you can tint heavily your side glass, so they can't take a peek at your radio. but leave a hole for your side mirror's view.. heh heh.

actually, front windshield tints do limit vision. and that's a fact. and while we can often get away with it in the daytime, it becomes a different ballgame at night. believe it or not, despite what many drivers want to think, front windshield tint at night IS a driving hazard. the human eye is already maximally sensitized to light at night. it can not get any more sensitive to compensate for your front tint.

why are jeepneys always on high beams?
    1. they can see potential pasajeros, better;
    2. pundido na ang low beam filament nila, at ayaw nilang bumili ng bago;
    3. low beams sila, ngunit hindi nila ma-adjust dahil walang adjusting mechanisms ang sealed beams nila; and
    4. hindi naman sila hinuhuli, e.

and to those who claim that they've adjusted to the tint, i ask,"how do you know?" "i'm not worried about what you see, it's what you don't see, that i am worried about."
    Dont worry about me paps, i am a responsible driver and dont mind my very datk tint as well, as mentioned i already adjusted and know my limits especially my normal day to day route. What i think you should be worried about are irresponsible drivers in high beam, meaning you should still be a defensive driver.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    wala ba tayong kongresista dito sa tsikot? para maisulong naman sa pagbubukas ng 16th Congress ito panukalang ito "A Bill that Banning the use of dark tints on windshields"

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by zap.FREEDOM View Post
    wala ba tayong kongresista dito sa tsikot? para maisulong naman sa pagbubukas ng 16th Congress ito panukalang ito "A Bill that Banning the use of dark tints on windshields"
    dahil kay nognog at nancy siguro kaya nauuso ang dark tints yung tire black nga nagkakaubusan wala akong mabili dito

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    I don't see any wrong with Dark Tints. Just dumb incapable drivers which happens to pass a LTO exam. Due to corruption, sa kakalagay ng lagay ng pera. Ayan tuloy ang nangyayari saten. Many drivers doesn't know the rules anymore. Basta lang makarating from point A to B. For example na lang, a simple as left most lane for overtaking hindi masunod sunod eh. Isabay mo pa dyan mga traffic enforcers, karamihan hindi man ginagawa ang dapat na trabaho. Instead they just wait for their prey around the corner or on the next block. (NOTE: mostly not all).

And what i hate the most are the PUJ. Hanep ang ilaw. Minsan naman walang ilaw. o.o

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast