New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Hi Tsikot pips,

i just want to voice out that is it possible to BAN dark tints on all cars as this is one of the causes why drivers tends to always use high beams on their head lights at night and worse non projected HID...

i am just so frustrated of this high beamers at night because they are just a accident waiting to happen...

while this is very easy to apprehend, bec if you dont see the driver on the windshield then he is possibly on dark tints or is a ghost

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    How dark is dark?

Medium tint yung nasa WS ko. Hehehe.

I don't use my high beam unless it's for flashing. Maybe kasi malinaw mata ko (20/20)

Which brings me to the topic na eh maybe, these guys who turn on their high beams have poor eyesight. Maybe it's not the tint after all. But their eyesight.

I know a few na may superblack tint sa WS pero di rin naghihigh beam. Hehe.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I get the frustration bro, but realistic speaking, this can never happen.

1. Politicians love dark tint.
    2. A person can argue that he can see just fine with dark tint on his windshield, while a guy with poor eyesight can have less clear vision w/o tint
    3. What are the objective metrics that make a tint "dark"?
    4. Having no tint on the windshield but really dark tint on the sides can be prone to accidents, as your eyes will always have to be adjusting when you glance at your window/side mirrors

4. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    how dark is dark? sa sasakyan ko i run on solargard supreme 4 on rear and sides and 22 on ws... sa simula hirap ako, pero nung tumagal, may dark shade lang pero visibility ko is ganun pa rin only darker pero not dark to make me blind. depende kasi yan. ako i prefer that i would not be seen inside the car, mahiyain ako. haha! yup. mahiyain ako. and ayaw ko ng may natingin sakin. saka safety since most of the time, ginagamit din ng mom ko yung sasakyan.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Why not apprehend those irresponsible drivers using high beams/non-projected HIDs/high intensity RFLs/ and not those with super tinted WS?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    well i do understand where you coming from but it's not the tint nor the car.. it's always the driver who is at fault most of the time.

if poor eyesight - dont use dark tints

if opted to use dark tints - be responsible on using HiBeams and using HIDs.

So apprehend those irresponsible drivers.

BTW, 3 of our cars have Medium Dark Tint installed on the WS and i make sure im a responsible driver

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    if you want dark tint up front, why not just wear shades? mas fashion-flexible pa..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jresperanza View Post
    Hi Tsikot pips,

i just want to voice out that is it possible to BAN dark tints on all cars as this is one of the causes why drivers tends to always use high beams on their head lights at night and worse non projected HID...

i am just so frustrated of this high beamers at night because they are just a accident waiting to happen...

while this is very easy to apprehend, bec if you dont see the driver on the windshield then he is possibly on dark tints or is a ghost

If we are going to ban dark tinted windshields, it would just better just to ban it outright instead of saying dark = banned and light = okay.

Any tint on the car's front windshield that exceeds 25% coverage of the glass should be made illegal. It does not matter if it is light, medium or dark.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Minsan kasi ang tints for security purposes din, lalo pag babae ang driver....or menyak :lovehug:

Pero ang hirap naman kasi, yung tradeoff nila sa tint eh HID or naka hi beam lagi.

Tanong lang, kung yung mga 20/20 eh walang problema sa medium dark na tints, kami bang malalabo mata PERO naka prescription lens eh parehas lang? Hindi ko pa kasi na try eh, wala akong tint sa WS eh...hehe..
    Last edited by ronki; June 15th, 2013 at 12:03 AM.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    tint sa araw, they may be able to argue their way here in the tropical philippines... but tint at night? only the insane will daresay it will not affect visibility.... heh heh.
    yes, the guys are right. front windshield tints should be banned outright. the same with "creative lights". as the american cop said, " you can use any combination of lights on your car, as long as it isn't seen on the outside".

actually, i am wondering why our authorities are allowing front tints and licence plate visibility hindrances in the first place... dapat tanggal na yan agad. then let the motorists plead their right to use it, in court.
    Last edited by dr. d; June 15th, 2013 at 12:24 AM.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast