New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    are you guys serious? how idiotic is this idea? you seriously think this would put a stop to idiots who uses fake HID and highbeam all the time? reminds me of the idiot who put a motorcycle lane in the middle of edsa to put a stop on the motorcycle craziness. :bwahaha: why not ban those fake HID's instead? that's a much better idea.
    Very idiotic and absurd idea indeed!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by remzam View Post
    Fyi, the bag stolen from the car contained just paper/documents.

My point is, you dont put everything at the trunk simply because it is seen from the outside.

And you attract more from the robbers simply because the inside of your car can easily be seen.

Will you have peace of mind for example if you spent thousands of pesos for let say a really good head unit with all the blings you can get and it is in plain view?

Park same car, one without tint, one with. Tell me which will attract attention from bystanders (with or without bad intention)

And as stated in my earlier post, the tint pose no hazard to the driver since ive adjusted already with the wind shield.

If i felt it was a hazard, then by all means i will remove the tint, with or without any law.

Point is, as argued by the TS, not all drivers with dark tint use high beam all the time, which annoys many driver and pose danger to motorists.

If you're an a-hole driver, even without tint, you will still use high beam all the time. Just look at many jeepney drivers at night. Either they are on high beam or no light at all.

We have valid reasons for putting dark tints considering the local situation.

Sent from my LG-E435 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    only papers stolen.. good for you! so while your more expensive radio was left intact, the bag was stolen. now, does this not give you an idea of how robbers think?

actually, putting everything (within reason, of course) of potential commercial value in the trunk, away from prying eyes, IS recommended by authorities.

i am only against front windshield tints, and, to a degree, rear windshield tints. to me, you can tint heavily your side glass, so they can't take a peek at your radio. but leave a hole for your side mirror's view.. heh heh.

actually, front windshield tints do limit vision. and that's a fact. and while we can often get away with it in the daytime, it becomes a different ballgame at night. believe it or not, despite what many drivers want to think, front windshield tint at night IS a driving hazard. the human eye is already maximally sensitized to light at night. it can not get any more sensitive to compensate for your front tint.

why are jeepneys always on high beams?
    1. they can see potential pasajeros, better;
    2. pundido na ang low beam filament nila, at ayaw nilang bumili ng bago;
    3. low beams sila, ngunit hindi nila ma-adjust dahil walang adjusting mechanisms ang sealed beams nila; and
    4. hindi naman sila hinuhuli, e.

and to those who claim that they've adjusted to the tint, i ask,"how do you know?" "i'm not worried about what you see, it's what you don't see, that i am worried about."
    Last edited by dr. d; June 15th, 2013 at 04:07 AM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    only papers stolen.. good for you! so while your more expensive radio was left intact, the bag was stolen. now, does this not give you an idea of how robbers think?

actually, putting everything (within reason, of course) of potential commercial value in the trunk, away from prying eyes, IS recommended by authorities.

i am only against front windshield tints, and, to a degree, rear windshield tints. to me, you can tint heavily your side glass, so they can't take a peek at your radio. but leave a hole for your side mirror's view.. heh heh.

actually, front windshield tints do limit vision. and that's a fact. and while we can often get away with it in the daytime, it becomes a different ballgame at night. believe it or not, despite what many drivers want to think, front windshield tint at night IS a driving hazard. the human eye is already maximally sensitized to light at night. it can not get any more sensitive to compensate for your front tint.

3. low beams sila, ngunit hindi nila ma-adjust dahil walang adjusting mechanisms ang sealed beams nila; and

and to those who claim that they've adjusted to the tint, i ask,"how do you know?" "i'm not worried about what you see, it's what you don't see, that i am worried about."
    well for me dark tints are also for security purposes. just a sample of those kids in the street that if they see you have an unlock door they will take advatage of it or the kids in banawe that grabs your sidemirror, the usual targets are lady drivers or if they see you're alone in your car because they know they can't do anything. there are lots of other reasons why tints are also for security purposes but i won't list them here since it's too much to list and i'm lazy. to be honest i could careless if i have a tint or not, my cars on the states have no tints at all, i only had my cars in the philippines tinted because of security reasons, not for heat rejection or porma, it was purely for security.

i had all my cars tinted lightest on the front and darkest on the side, i can see just as clear as when i'm driving a car without a tint day or night. in my 11 years of driving daily, never been to an accident or had close calls where it was my fault. that's why i know my tint hasn't affected my vision. i can't say the same for others since we all have different eye sights and different tint set up.

anyway like i said, banning dark tint isn't a solution for those fake HID's that blind others on the road. what we need is to regulate after market HID's, educate people on how and when to use low/high beam, enforce them properly and better lights on our streets since our streets are poorly lit.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2013

...I rest my case your honor.

Sent from my LG-E435 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

5. Join Date
    Feb 2010

this is just me, and sagutin ko yung tanong mo sir na how do you now?

plain answer lang to and if anyone will find na namimilosopo ako (sabe ng dad ko dati when he asked me about the tint) or magulo sagot well yun sagot ko.. hehe

1st dark tints is halata talaga difference and madilim sya sa gabi which is true, hindi ko itatanggi yan with my tint set up. but after a few nights my vision though not as clear ( clear like no tints ) is still clear only with a dark shade.i can still see ahead of me even if it is a bit dark without squinting or using high beam.

2nd i dont know if most or if nobody or anyone will agree with me. i already asked about this before sa ibang thread. ilaw na maganda sa dark tint. some would suggest hid, some stock bulbs, some high wattage bulbs, some yellow and some white. pero from my experience, all weather bulbs or yellow bulbs provide good to best visibility especially in adverse weather conditions. that is why i am running on wurth gold on my headlight and euroline pure yellow on my fogs. using pure white bulbs to cheap hids without projectors is a stupid ass way of upgrading your lighting system, you only add more danger not only to yourself but to others as well because white light wont provide that much illumination ( it does but with not much contrast, parang illusion lang ) and when it comes to bad weather, most of the time, all you will see is a white wall ( on your view as a driver and as an oncoming motorist ) which is very dangerous lalo na pag zero visibility na.

yan sagot ko, if may mali ako dyan, tell me, id accept it naman, i just want to express my opinion based on my experiences. :D

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    those that go bright usually have weak eyes.

ot- i observed here in the province. those with hyundai sta fe's tend to use their high beams everytime. some dont have tints. are sta fe headlights weak?

on another note. provincial buses dont have tints but they put on 12 pcs of fog lamps/lights for their high beams. wala naman humuhuli

tint is not the problem. its the driver that doesnt care for on-coming traffic thats bad. paano i-ban yun?
    Last edited by baker123; June 15th, 2013 at 01:37 PM.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by baker123 View Post
    those that go bright usually have weak eyes.

ot- i observed here in the province. those with hyundai sta fe's tend to use their high beams everytime. some dont have tints. are sta fe headlights weak?

on another note. provincial buses dont have tints but they put on 12 pcs of fog lamps/lights for their high beams. wala naman humuhuli

tint is not the problem. its the driver that doesnt care for on-coming traffic thats bad. paano i-ban yun?

tama. tint is not the problem. its the driver. while some use excessive lights, some don't use their lights at all. like jeeps and tricycles. dito naman buses only use thier foglights na kala mo naka high beam. iba pa yung low beam at high beam nila sa high beam fogs nila.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i have super dark tint on my GS. i do not use high beam, except when there's an idiot in front of me.

i have also seen a lot of drivers with untinted/lightly tinted vehicles who use their high beams, even in the city. it is not the tint, or car, or eyesight. it's the stupidity level of the guy behind the wheel.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kapag gusto, may paraan ... kapag ayaw, marami dahilan

kapag idiot ang drayber ... wala na pag-asa

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    AFAIK tints are not allowed by law on private vehicles. Hindi lang talaga na-iinforce ito ng mga TE marahil hindi rin nila alam ito.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast