New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Nabasagan na kame dati ng salamin, driver side though and not sa windshield at nanakawan. After that incident, my dad had the car tinted even the windshield. 90 percent of driving time, we use low beam at night. Galit din ako sa naka high beam all the time. 20/20 vision ko and my dad wears glasses pero ok lang naman. Nag adjust na ako driving at night with tint.

Yes in other countries banned ang any tint sa wind shield. Dito sa atin we dont have that law yet as far as i know.

My point is, sometimes, like in our case, concern ang security, whether it be the passenger or the things left inside the car. Wala kaming ginagawang ilegal sa loob ng kotse or tinatago. But after mabasagan, we wanted peace of mind.

My 2cents

Sent from my LG-E435 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    it is only logical: if you do not want to attract the attention of potential robbers, then put your things of interest in the rear trunk, where they're not visible.
    it is also logical: if it's a driving hazard, then don't do it, even if there's no law against it.
    Last edited by dr. d; June 15th, 2013 at 01:14 AM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't we actually have a law on windshield tints, stemming from the tide of kidnapping/carnapping/etcetera cases of years ago?

Not that they ever enforced it...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't we actually have a law on windshield tints, stemming from the tide of kidnapping/carnapping/etcetera cases of years ago?

Not that they ever enforced it...
    as i remember, it was one of those marcosian edicts... in the same vein as color of taxicabs, reflectorized paper (yellow in front bumper, red at back bumper), demonetization of old money... and banning of the final episodes of voltes five!!!
    and as i also remember, a marcos edict was law, unless a later statement (law? regulation? rule?) says otherwise.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Well, most states in the US have regulations regarding "protective tint films" but VLT differs from state to state with some banning outright anything lower than 75%.

But alam mo naman walang political will sa Philippines. Just seeing Estrada's Escalade na naka super black tint (VLT <7%) means it's impossible to pass it as a law :naughty2:

Besides, super black tint looks great on my white Sonata.. gonna have mine replaced nga with darker ones (20 -> 5 on sides)

6. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    it is only logical: if you do not want to attract the attention of potential robbers, then put your things of interest in the rear trunk, where they're not visible.
    it is also logical: if it's a driving hazard, then don't do it, even if there's no law against it.
    Fyi, the bag stolen from the car contained just paper/documents.

My point is, you dont put everything at the trunk simply because it is seen from the outside.

And you attract more from the robbers simply because the inside of your car can easily be seen.

Will you have peace of mind for example if you spent thousands of pesos for let say a really good head unit with all the blings you can get and it is in plain view?

Park same car, one without tint, one with. Tell me which will attract attention from bystanders (with or without bad intention)

And as stated in my earlier post, the tint pose no hazard to the driver since ive adjusted already with the wind shield.

If i felt it was a hazard, then by all means i will remove the tint, with or without any law.

Point is, as argued by the TS, not all drivers with dark tint use high beam all the time, which annoys many driver and pose danger to motorists.

If you're an a-hole driver, even without tint, you will still use high beam all the time. Just look at many jeepney drivers at night. Either they are on high beam or no light at all.

We have valid reasons for putting dark tints considering the local situation.

Sent from my LG-E435 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    No offense to those who have visor windshield tints, but it looks ugly. Either full windshield or nothing for me.

Main reason for me to have tint is the heat. Tintless cars look great but god damn, pag pumasok ka in the middle of the day in an untinted car parked under the sun, good luck. Before anyone comments that you should always park in the shade and give the car time to cool upon starting, those conditions aren't always possible. I'd rather have tint than be inconvenienced by looking for shaded parking or having to cool down the car, especially when I'm in a hurry.

Second reason is security. Uso basag kotse eh. And I'd rather not be seen especially when travelling in high risk areas.

Third, well, they're called menyek tints for a reason.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Ban on dark tinted vehicles or ban using dark tints?

Definitely wont happen. Suntok sa buwan mga ganyang wish! Haha..

Imposing or educating motorists on the use of low/high beam would be more like it.

Eh paano yung mga nka motor or tricycle na ala HID na sabog ang headlight?! Maski ano gawin mo flash sa mga yan eh wapakels sila noh. Bka nka dark tint yung visor ng helmet nung mga riders..... Hek hek hek

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    are you guys serious? how idiotic is this idea? you seriously think this would put a stop to idiots who uses fake HID and highbeam all the time? reminds me of the idiot who put a motorcycle lane in the middle of edsa to put a stop on the motorcycle craziness. :bwahaha: why not ban those fake HID's instead? that's a much better idea.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Bulag sa gabi ang mga TE/Pulis, kaya sa gabi ung mga naka sabog na hid at puting brake lights hindi mahuli ng mg TE/Pulis

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast