New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ARB,

I heard merong OME shocks specifically developed for the REVO. Is this accurate? So the valving of which is most suitable to the weight/design of the REVO suspension, hence, will end up performing better compared to other shocks (that may have been designed for a different vehicle/type). Did I get your right?

BlackVX, you got PM.

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    yes there are OME shocks for the Revo. The choice of what brand depends, each brand has its own advantages and disadvantages.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I changed my shocks to RANCHOS...malaki ang improvement sa handling at stability ng ride. I also noticed that the 'tagtag' factor has been reduced, and the body swaying has been controlled.

I put RS5000 in front, and RS9000 at the rear. I'm riding on #2 setting (rear). Great ride and control.

The expense is worth the additional driving pleasure and comfort.

Thanks for BlackVX and ARB for your inputs.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    sir buhayin ko lang po etong thread na eto...

magkano po ba yang rancho shocks na yan at saan po pwede mag inquire, thanks

5. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by blackvx View Post
    hi, i was the cousin niky was refering to. i used rancho shocks for my revo VX200. rancho 5000 for the fronts and rancho 9000 for the rears. very satisfied with results. medyo mabigat lang sa bulsa po. i set the 9000 to setting number 2 out of the 9 available. yun yung parang pinaka effective for me. nawala yung undesirable side hop when tackling uneven surfaces diagonaly and ang laki ng nabawas sa ride harshness niya. i didn't bother modifying anythin on the leaf springs so as not to lessen the revo's utility.
    Sir, how much per piece did the rancho 5000 and rancho 9000 cost you?
    Are they both liquid type? im planning to replace my original shock within the week..

ASAP reply will highly be appreciated. Thanks

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    oo nga boss sobrang ako din gusto ko mag palit ng shock na rancho please update us....

ok ba talagang baligtarin yung isang leaf springs sa likod then palit nitong rancho shock?

any shop?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    jevy parang flat na rin yata yung lower leaf spring ng revo natin kaya para useless ibaliktad..

pero sa rancho 9000, balitaan mo ako at baka i-try ko sa december pag-uwi ko sa pinas hehe..

8. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    is it the last leaf of the spring or the 2nd leaf from the bottom which is to be inverted?

sir dom parang flat nga yata yung last na leaf sa spring ng revo...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    not the last one-cause its the overload spring, the second from the last is to be inverted or removed. and you should be reminded that you cannot load anymore heavier things when you alter stock rear suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by prince777 View Post
    is it the last leaf of the spring or the 2nd leaf from the bottom which is to be inverted?

sir dom parang flat nga yata yung last na leaf sa spring ng revo...

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Ako rin, my ride is a 02 GLX but when you sit at the middle, super bouncy, stock pa rims ko them OEM mags of Revo GLX (14 inch with 195/70/r14).

Quote Originally Posted by stroker_200 View Post
    I just want to know if anyone had done suspension upgrades to their REVO. I own a 2003 Revo SR and I'm not that happy with the ride. I want it to be more comfortable. I've read comments in this forum that the REVO is already comfortable compared to the other AUVs. But just the same, there may be some who had done upgrades that my apply to me. So please share.

I'm thinking of changing my shocks to either OME (Old Man) or Pro Comp. I read that these 2 are the most comfy. Pro Comp is cheaper by 100% than OME, so I'm thinking to go Pro Comp. Any feedback? Do you think this upgrade is worth the money? Is there noticeable gain?

Please enlighten. thanks.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Upgrading the REVO suspension