New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I just want to know if anyone had done suspension upgrades to their REVO. I own a 2003 Revo SR and I'm not that happy with the ride. I want it to be more comfortable. I've read comments in this forum that the REVO is already comfortable compared to the other AUVs. But just the same, there may be some who had done upgrades that my apply to me. So please share.

I'm thinking of changing my shocks to either OME (Old Man) or Pro Comp. I read that these 2 are the most comfy. Pro Comp is cheaper by 100% than OME, so I'm thinking to go Pro Comp. Any feedback? Do you think this upgrade is worth the money? Is there noticeable gain?

Please enlighten. thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Try reversing first one of the "molye" on the rear leaf springs (the smallest one)... that will help. I did that on my pick-up and added some gas shocks...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    My cousin did the OME, (I think it was, not sure)... didn't notice the difference much when I rode it, since, compared to our Crosswind, the REVO rides like a limousine ( :hysterical: ) and I only test-rode it for a short while, but it felt good naman. He said his wife noticed the difference immediately.

He spent a lot, though, and got adjustables for the rear so he could adjust the valving for when he carries a lot of cargo.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    maganda sana gawin mo independent suspension yung set-up like the Pajero.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Thanks sa mga nag-reply.

Niky, kaka-aliw naman yung comment mo (limousine compared to Crosswind). If your cousin's wife noticed the diff, then the improvements must be big.

Wildthing, how is that change (to independent suspension) normally done? Via suspension transplant?

Please advise...thanks.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I believe it was.

RE: independent suspension... hirap niyan... kung hindi siya bolt on, may welding/cutting involved sa suspension mounts.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Thanks for the feedback Niky.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Diba sa US may nabibiling Air suspension conversions? Di ko lang alam kung meron para sa REVO. Pero I'm sure it will make a HUGE difference.

Subukan mo muna baliktarin yung smallest leaf spring sa likod. It should have a difference sa ride.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    About reversing the load spring (smallest leaf on the stack), the way the leaf spring set of the Revo is designed is that only the smallest leaf is left out of the spring pack. So the rest of the spring set is clamped together, while the load spring (at the bottom) is left dangling on its own. When the load is light, the load spring is 'naka-usli'; it only touches the spring pack when there is sufficient load to carry.

With this setup, will reversing the load spring (smallest leaf) still make a difference in ride softness?

I just want to confirm this point specifically for the REVO as its leaf spring design is different from common pickups (I think).

Thanks.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It should. The moment you hit a bump, that pack still impacts the hanging leaf. Reverse it and place a rubber snubber on top of the reversed spring (not sure as to the exact terminology) of a height that's still lower than the original leaf, so that the spring will still provide support under full loads.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Upgrading the REVO suspension