New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Finally i've decided that i'll buy a Celica 7th gen since i've been seeing 2 celicas roaming around my area (alabang). 1 red celica GT non turbo version and 1 pearl white celica GTS with the TRD action package (***y as hell)

I also saw 2 listings online, 1 blue celica GTS manual tranmission for 700K and 1 celica GTS white automatic transmission for 650K

I was told that the engine parts are the same with altis and camry 2000-2005 models here in the philippines. only a few body and exterior parts are needed to be ordered online and accessible through amazon and ebay. so i think maintenance is not really an issue.

So here are the PROS i could think of:

1. Easy maintenance
    2. Gas consumption is low since it's just 1.8
    3. Car is fast with the turbo GTS version
    4. Quite rare here in the philippines
    5. Very big space for the front seats (especially i'm 6'3)
    6. Toyota reliability
    7. Very big space at the back compartment

CONS:

1. Body parts are expensive since it will only be sourced overseas (be sure di ka mabangga)
    2. 4 seater but for the back seats only dogs and children can fit
    3. Road noise (as i read on only reviews)

Any inputs regarding the prices of the 2 and if it's a good buy?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2024
    Saw this post now, were you able to buy a celica? I am also currenty looking for one now preferably the GTS version too.

I used to own one before but i had to let it go early 2015 because i needed a bigger car for my family

Hopefully TS is still active

3. Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by Lc100 View Post
    Saw this post now, were you able to buy a celica? I am also currenty looking for one now preferably the GTS version too.

I used to own one before but i had to let it go early 2015 because i needed a bigger car for my family

Hopefully TS is still active

Hi! yes still active! and yes! i was able to buy one, a red GTS JDM. there's a couple for sale on facebook marketplace as of the moment not so sure though about the condition of the units but based on the photos all look good. You also said that you used to own one before do you mind sharing us where you have it serviced before?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by lockdowngrad View Post
    Hi! yes still active! and yes! i was able to buy one, a red GTS JDM. there's a couple for sale on facebook marketplace as of the moment not so sure though about the condition of the units but based on the photos all look good. You also said that you used to own one before do you mind sharing us where you have it serviced before?
    Wow active pa hahaha meron kasi ako personal mechanic before and until now siya pa din naman. I buy parts from ATCO pasay or order parts online isearch mo lang ang part numbers sa toyotapartsdeal.com then yun ang hanapin mo sa mga autoshops. Pag sinabi mo kasi model ng kotse madalas sasabihin wala pero pag part number meron naman pala. Kapag mga parts na mahirap hanapin nag oorder na ako sa ebay basta top sellers pero madalang yun kasi usaully meron naman sa ATCO. sa pagkakaalala ko interior trims lang inorder ko sa ebay. the rest atco na mostly since toyota siya madami siya kapareho sa ibang model na available dito

magkano score mo sa celica mo and ano condition?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Wow active pa hahaha meron kasi ako personal mechanic before and until now siya pa din naman. I buy parts from ATCO pasay or order parts online isearch mo lang ang part numbers sa toyotapartsdeal.com then yun ang hanapin mo sa mga autoshops. Pag sinabi mo kasi model ng kotse madalas sasabihin wala pero pag part number meron naman pala. Kapag mga parts na mahirap hanapin nag oorder na ako sa ebay basta top sellers pero madalang yun kasi usaully meron naman sa ATCO. sa pagkakaalala ko interior trims lang inorder ko sa ebay. the rest atco na mostly since toyota siya madami siya kapareho sa ibang model na available dito

magkano score mo sa celica mo and ano condition?
    I bought it last January 2023 so price is a bit lower pa. Asking was 570K but was able to haggle around 540K since i had it checked and found some parts in need of replacement.

Here are the details of the unit i got

Year Model: 2003
    Transmission: Automatic
    Color: Habanero Red (like the civics previous owner had it repainted)
    Mileage: 72,000 although while scanned thoroughly it showed na it's around 102,000 na pala owner said he got it from cagayan that way and based from the papers he was the first one to register it to the philppines as it also says on the customs documents so i trusted him.
    Condition: A few minor repairs only.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2024
    I bought it last January 2023 so price is a bit lower pa. Asking was 570K but was able to haggle around 540K since i had it checked and found some parts in need of replacement.

Here are the details of the unit i got

Year Model: 2003
    Transmission: Automatic
    Color: Habanero Red (like the civics previous owner had it repainted)
    Mileage: 72,000 although while scanned thoroughly it showed na it's around 102,000 na pala owner said he got it from cagayan that way and based from the papers he was the first one to register it to the philppines as it also says on the customs documents so i trusted him.
    Condition: A few minor repairs only.
    2zz naman siya not the 1zz? ang mamahal na kasi ngayon ng prices sa marketplace pero nung time naman na nakabili ako way back 2011 nakuha siya ng mga 800K pa nakita ko bumabab price niya nung nagkaproblem sa B plate cars pero ngayon nakikita ko tumataas na ulit ang prices and alam ko mas mura na parts ngayon kasi medyo dumadami na stock dito sa pilipinas.

Ano ano mga pinarepair mo?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2021
    2zz naman siya not the 1zz? ang mamahal na kasi ngayon ng prices sa marketplace pero nung time naman na nakabili ako way back 2011 nakuha siya ng mga 800K pa nakita ko bumabab price niya nung nagkaproblem sa B plate cars pero ngayon nakikita ko tumataas na ulit ang prices and alam ko mas mura na parts ngayon kasi medyo dumadami na stock dito sa pilipinas.

Ano ano mga pinarepair mo?
    Yup i got the 2zz.

When i got the unit only minor repairs but quite a lot, good thing parts are cheap since toyota.

1. Rear liftgates - bought one at lazada for only 1,200
    2. Serpentine Belt - Bando for only 1.300
    3. Front brake pads - Bendix bought at lazada for only 1.200
    4. Water Pump - Aisin bought for 1,800 + 1000 labor

Then i changed almost all suspension parts with 555

1. stabilizer link front - 1800 per pair
    2. stabilizer link rear - 1300 per pair
    3. Ball joints pair - 2200
    4. Tie Rod pair - 1900
    5. Rack end Pair 1700
    6. KYB shocks front pair - 7200
    7. KYB shocks rear pair - 6600

Labor is cheap since i replaced them all in one day. As far as i remember around 2K for the labor

after changing the suspension parts the ride was superb. engine and transmission are smooth

8. Join Date
    Feb 2024
    Yup i got the 2zz.

When i got the unit only minor repairs but quite a lot, good thing parts are cheap since toyota.

1. Rear liftgates - bought one at lazada for only 1,200
    2. Serpentine Belt - Bando for only 1.300
    3. Front brake pads - Bendix bought at lazada for only 1.200
    4. Water Pump - Aisin bought for 1,800 + 1000 labor

Then i changed almost all suspension parts with 555

1. stabilizer link front - 1800 per pair
    2. stabilizer link rear - 1300 per pair
    3. Ball joints pair - 2200
    4. Tie Rod pair - 1900
    5. Rack end Pair 1700
    6. KYB shocks front pair - 7200
    7. KYB shocks rear pair - 6600

Labor is cheap since i replaced them all in one day. As far as i remember around 2K for the labor

after changing the suspension parts the ride was superb. engine and transmission are smooth
    Wow good to know na mura pa rin parts hanggang ngayon, yung nakuha mo ba yung may wing na? yung TRD action package ata yun? karamihan ko kasi na nakikita na GTS ngayon wala na yung TRD action package. Maganda itsura nun eh agressive.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Wow good to know na mura pa rin parts hanggang ngayon, yung nakuha mo ba yung may wing na? yung TRD action package ata yun? karamihan ko kasi na nakikita na GTS ngayon wala na yung TRD action package. Maganda itsura nun eh agressive.
    Unforunately i only got the stock GTS, sourcing for the TRD action package is relatively expensive, the whole bodykit itself will cost you around 110K+ unless you find a good condition surplus or chopchop then have it repainted.

There are a couple of celica's here that has the TRD action package i posted one last time from the other thread a pearl white celica with the action package. I also see that celica cruising along SLEX until now.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2024
    Unforunately i only got the stock GTS, sourcing for the TRD action package is relatively expensive, the whole bodykit itself will cost you around 110K+ unless you find a good condition surplus or chopchop then have it repainted.

There are a couple of celica's here that has the TRD action package i posted one last time from the other thread a pearl white celica with the action package. I also see that celica cruising along SLEX until now.
    Mahal ng TRD action package na yan brand new ba? I have a contact na kinukuhanan ko ng surplus from Banawe nag iimport siya ng halfcut na 2zz minsan may mga bodykit din. yung sakin before naka TRD action package nasira bumper ko nung bumili ako surplus bumper 10K lang pero yun nga lang more than 10 years ago na yun. so siguro 13k kasama na repaint.

Dito sa Paranaque may nakikita din ako white na celica na nakaTRD action package baka same owner? then sa merville area meron naman color blue na stock GTS parehas silang makinis at mukhang brand new at inalagaan talaga.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast