New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    the 2016 all new hilux revo is really a good damn pick-up. i have no regret in buying this pick-up even there are a lot of choices out there.

the only issue that we encounter with other hilux owners, is the rattling sound underneath which is annoying to a brand new vehicle. the rattle sound is loud coming somewhere from the transmission assembly to the propeller when the vehicle is running in a rough road condition and the gear shift is in neutral position.

we reported the issue to the dealer and they acknowledge the problem. technical reports were made by toyota after road testing and as of now, we are awaiting their technical team to assist the problem. 2 hilux owners already reported the same problem and more of our friends who are also all new hilux owners are waiting for the final findings since they also experience the same problem.

im sharing this issue so prospective buyers may have atleast have an idea of those possible warranty claims with this all new hilux. though it is a simple problem and can be easily fixed by toyota if they can pinpoint the exact cause of the rattle sound. its not something to worry about but as i said, its annoying to hear that loud rattle sound with a brand new vehicle.

and to toyota, i still bought this hilux even if I know beforehand on this possible issue since my friend already filed his complaint to the dealer even before i ordered my unit. i know that this is just a simple issue and we believe that you can fixed this problem. otherwise, i will forget toyota brand for the rest of my life. as you can check in your database, i bought 6 brand new different units from your company for the last 2 years and this is my first time to experience such problem in a brand new vehicle.

to fellow tsikoters, ill keep you posted on the development of this warranty claim.

by the way, units involve in this problem are hilux 4x4 with manual transmission.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Car is running while in neutral? How slow?

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by cadayjerry View Post
    the 2016 all new hilux revo is really a good damn pick-up. i have no regret in buying this pick-up even there are a lot of choices out there.

the only issue that we encounter with other hilux owners, is the rattling sound underneath which is annoying to a brand new vehicle. the rattle sound is loud coming somewhere from the transmission assembly to the propeller when the vehicle is running in a rough road condition and the gear shift is in neutral position.

we reported the issue to the dealer and they acknowledge the problem. technical reports were made by toyota after road testing and as of now, we are awaiting their technical team to assist the problem. 2 hilux owners already reported the same problem and more of our friends who are also all new hilux owners are waiting for the final findings since they also experience the same problem.

im sharing this issue so prospective buyers may have atleast have an idea of those possible warranty claims with this all new hilux. though it is a simple problem and can be easily fixed by toyota if they can pinpoint the exact cause of the rattle sound. its not something to worry about but as i said, its annoying to hear that loud rattle sound with a brand new vehicle.

and to toyota, i still bought this hilux even if I know beforehand on this possible issue since my friend already filed his complaint to the dealer even before i ordered my unit. i know that this is just a simple issue and we believe that you can fixed this problem. otherwise, i will forget toyota brand for the rest of my life. as you can check in your database, i bought 6 brand new different units from your company for the last 2 years and this is my first time to experience such problem in a brand new vehicle.

to fellow tsikoters, ill keep you posted on the development of this warranty claim.

by the way, units involve in this problem are hilux 4x4 with manual transmission.
    Katakot naman. Kaya hindi kami nabili ng all new. Para kang test sample sa CASA. Buti under warranty pa.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002

Thanks for sharing. I'm seriously considering a Hilux 4x2 m/t E variant and will keep watch on this.

I personally expect issues to come out given it is an all-new model and what will matter more is how Toyota effects warranty works, which in our past experiences was acceptable.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Bakit ka umaandar ng naka neutral? Para makatipid? Hindi totoo yun.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    below 5kms per hour. its a speed that a first gear cannot hold otherwise the engine will die. in the mountainous area like the cordillera region, its normal to put the gear in a neutral position while going down at very low speed in a rought roads.

but for the sake of assessing the loudness of the rattle underneath, we increased the speed in a downhill road during the road test of warranty personnel of toyota.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    below 5kms per hour. its a speed that a first gear cannot hold otherwise the engine will die. in the mountainous area like the cordillera region, its normal to put the gear in a neutral position while going down at very low speed in a rought roads.

but for the sake of assessing the loudness of the rattle underneath, we increased the speed in a downhill road during the road test of warranty personnel of toyota.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishing View Post
    no, hindi para makatipid kasi matipid na ang all new hilux as compared to its predecessor. you need to put it in neutral at a speed lower than 5kms per hour while negotiating a rough road na pababa. otherwise, mamamatay makina or mag vibrate makina.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing View Post
    no, hindi para makatipid kasi matipid na ang all new hilux as compared to its predecessor. you need to put it in neutral at a speed lower than 5kms per hour while negotiating a rough road na pababa. otherwise, mamamatay makina or mag vibrate makina.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    update as of today, re-scheduled ulit yong supposedly assessment by toyota. a technical team from thailand daw will come over to assist the problem.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Thanks for sharing. I'm seriously considering a Hilux 4x2 m/t E variant and will keep watch on this.

I personally expect issues to come out given it is an all-new model and what will matter more is how Toyota effects warranty works, which in our past experiences was acceptable.
    i dont know if the problem is the same with 4x2. pero as of now, mga 4x4units lang yong may problema na ganito.

anyway, as i have said, the performance is great. in a power mode, its much stronger than the 3.0 1KD engines. it can cruise with ease at 180kms/hour at TPLEX in a power mode at 6th gear. but beware may mga spotter ng speed monitoring team dyan kahit wala pa yata speed camera installed along the expressway. the engine is smooth as compared to D4D and the handling is excellent even at high speed.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i dont know if the problem is the same with 4x2. pero as of now, mga 4x4units lang yong may problema na ganito.

anyway, as i have said, the performance is great. in a power mode, its much stronger than the 3.0 1KD engines. it can cruise with ease at 180kms/hour at TPLEX in a power mode at 6th gear. but beware may mga spotter ng speed monitoring team dyan kahit wala pa yata speed camera installed along the expressway. the engine is smooth as compared to D4D and the handling is excellent even at high speed.
    True, it may be a case to the 4x4 since this definitely has a different drive train from the 4x2 that i'm eyeing.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast