New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    update as of November 17, 2015.

technical team from japan arrived and have done various testing for a period of two days. sad to say, they have no concrete feedback on the issue. they will bring the test result to japan for further analysis. accordingly, halos lahat ng 4x4 with manual transmission has the same issue. buti na lang hindi yong unit ko ginawang testing unit. unfortunately its my friends unit.

initial diagnoses reveal that the issue or the "takatak" sound is coming from the transmission itself. hoping for the best that toyota can fix this problem the soonest possible time. otherwise, there are a lot of choices out there. i think there is no problem with those with 4x2 and automatic transmission units.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by cadayjerry View Post
    update as of November 17, 2015.

technical team from japan arrived and have done various testing for a period of two days. sad to say, they have no concrete feedback on the issue. they will bring the test result to japan for further analysis. accordingly, halos lahat ng 4x4 with manual transmission has the same issue. buti na lang hindi yong unit ko ginawang testing unit. unfortunately its my friends unit.

initial diagnoses reveal that the issue or the "takatak" sound is coming from the transmission itself. hoping for the best that toyota can fix this problem the soonest possible time. otherwise, there are a lot of choices out there. i think there is no problem with those with 4x2 and automatic transmission units.
    Keep updating us here sir if you wouldn't mind.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Just curious, what made you not pick the 2015 truck of the year, Nissan NP300?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    If I may butt in. The NP300 is a handsome truck indeed but during my limited test drive, I found it gear hunting and the back seat is too upright. When I tried the Hilux, its pretty comfortable and the engine is quieter.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Pick up trucks have their own pros and cons... Depende nalang sa needs mo... Kung suspension ang habol mo... And you also need cargo space na hindi naman gaano kabigat karga mo.. navarra would be 1st on your list.

Top gear choose the navarra as truck of the year.... May detailed review ba kayo? Parang Wala akong nabasang detailed review nila..

Hp may link ka ba?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    for the last 15 years that i had been using pick-up truck, i find the hilux more reliable in the mountainous area. one more thing, i just dont like the coil spring of the navarra since pick-up truck is used to haul heavy loads. i would rather use an SUV if riding comfort is what i am looking for. besides, navarra maybe the 2015 truck of the year. but we are talking here of 2016 model pick-up.

navarra though is a good looking pick-up.
    Last edited by cadayjerry; November 17th, 2015 at 03:31 PM. Reason: double post

7. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Djerms View Post
    If I may butt in. The NP300 is a handsome truck indeed but during my limited test drive, I found it gear hunting and the back seat is too upright. When I tried the Hilux, its pretty comfortable and the engine is quieter.
    i agree. in fact, my friend who own a gold 2015 navarra has the same comment when he test drive my hilux. yon nga lang, may konting issue ang 4x4 hilux with manual transmission. it should have been a perfect pick-up truck for me. i hope toyota will fix this problem immediately.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    yap. i'll give an update on any development. may mga details pa yong test result but its premature for me to post it here. lets wait for the final findings of the technical team. the good thing is that they are doing something to address this "not so critical issue". but even though its not so critical, we want a perfect vehicle when we buy it brand new.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cadayjerry View Post
    yap. i'll give an update on any development. may mga details pa yong test result but its premature for me to post it here. lets wait for the final findings of the technical team. the good thing is that they are doing something to address this "not so critical issue". but even though its not so critical, we want a perfect vehicle when we buy it brand new.
    It is good to see they're really acting on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Mukhang may binabalak ah.

Quote Originally Posted by Djerms View Post
    Uy, long time no see dito ah. :D

Anyway, we put down our order for a 4x2 unit as well. We're getting the E variant so looks like i'll be shopping for OEM alloy rims and tires.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Anyway, we put down our order for a 4x2 unit as well. We're getting the E variant so looks like i'll be shopping for OEM alloy rims and tires.
    Derecho 20s na bro. Pareho lang gastos niyan. 😈

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast