New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 1468 of 1471 FirstFirst ... 13681418145814641465146614671468146914701471 LastLast
Results 14,671 to 14,680 of 14705
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,423
    #14671
    Doc! Maawa ma sa cabin filter... 150 lang yan sa shopee! Hehehe
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    if that's what the how-ner's manual says,
    then that's all that has to be done.

    everything else the casa recommends, is an optional that one may decline.
    my bukambibig reply is, "next time na lang po; wala sa budget, eh".

    i manage my aircon filter myself.
    i gently wash it, instead of replacing it.
    mura lang ang 1/4 pakete ng tide powder.
    i have replaced my 2005 innova's aircon filter only twice (or is that once?).
    heh heh.
    Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

  2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    178
    #14672
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    even as they many times recommend refill,
    i never allow them to touch my fan clutches.

    i followed someone's recommendation.
    i forget who.
    actually went straight to casa after AC tech asked to get the fan clutch fixed first. but i backed off in a heartbeat after seeing the quotation, 11,854 parts and labor.

    however, instead of trying to source the part from my go-to store, I went by this big shop along the way. Quoted just around 10% against casa so i bit the bullet and spent a little over 1K. kaso nga sobra yong fluid. kaya ayon, na-upgrade yong turbo sound into reverse thrusters

  3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    178
    #14673
    ok, so after around 1,000KM of running the innova with the fan clutch always engaged, i couldn't bear the noise anymore. not only the noise but seems like the power/torque wasn't as good as before.

    so i asked my mechanic cousin to help me remove the clutch so that i can drain the excess silicon fluid to get it down to the correct quantity. and now everything's good.

  4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    41,058
    #14674
    i have problem.
    my 2005 innova E's dashboard lights have become very weak thru the years.
    not the icons, which remain bright as new, but the lighting to the rest: the speedometer, rpm meter, temp gauge and fuel gauge, and lcd.
    even my aircon dash lights and radio lights are weaker now.
    no, my car did not come with light adjuster knob.
    suggestions?
    Last edited by dr. d; May 9th, 2021 at 09:54 AM.

  5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    5,038
    #14675
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i have problem.
    my 2005 innova E's dashboard lights have become very weak thru the years.
    not the icons, which remain bright as new, but the lighting to the rest: the speedometer, rpm meter, temp gauge and fuel gauge, and lcd.
    even my aircon dash lights and radio lights are weaker now.
    no, my car did not come with light adjuster knob.
    suggestions?
    Does that model have an always-on dashboard illumination (instrument cluster and center console for A/C, radio, etc.)? If yes, does it have auto-dim function when you turn on the parklights/headlights? Does it still work?

    Otherwise, my money is on the combination of dim bulbs (probably due to age) and fine soot on the internal surfaces of your dash, affecting the light output.

  6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    41,058
    #14676
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Does that model have an always-on dashboard illumination (instrument cluster and center console for A/C, radio, etc.)? If yes, does it have auto-dim function when you turn on the parklights/headlights? Does it still work?

    Otherwise, my money is on the combination of dim bulbs (probably due to age) and fine soot on the internal surfaces of your dash, affecting the light output.
    nopo.
    i have the on-or-off basic design illumination.
    it goes on when i turn on the park lights, and goes off when i turn off the park lights.
    i tried bringing down the instrument cluster from the front. it's so thin, i can't figure out how to open it and access the bulbs inside.

  7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    5,038
    #14677
    Start with something simpler muna.... the A/C controls.



    There are also videos on how to open up the instrument cluster. Search for Innova, Hilux Wigo, or other similar-gen Toyota vehicles of the era since they share pretty much the same cluster design.

  8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    41,058
    #14678
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Start with something simpler muna.... the A/C controls.



    There are also videos on how to open up the instrument cluster. Search for Innova, Hilux Wigo, or other similar-gen Toyota vehicles of the era since they share pretty much the same cluster design.
    thanks.
    alas, the guy did not say the type nor where he got the replacement LED bulbs.
    i remember repairing my aircon panel bulb. i ended up buying at greatly inflated price, from the casa, as i could not find it anywhere else.

    if i opt to take the easy way,
    does anyone know a shop where i can have this done?
    Last edited by dr. d; May 9th, 2021 at 01:02 PM.

  9. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    526
    #14679
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    thanks.
    alas, the guy did not say the type nor where he got the replacement LED bulbs.
    i remember repairing my aircon panel bulb. i ended up buying at greatly inflated price, from the casa, as i could not find it anywhere else.

    if i opt to take the easy way,
    does anyone know a shop where i can have this done?
    Try niyo po sa LA Cars sa makati. Open Sundays. Alam ko may small bulbs sila.

    T5 or T3 bulbs madami sa Lazada.

  10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    41,058
    #14680
    Quote Originally Posted by bxr monkey View Post
    Try niyo po sa LA Cars sa makati. Open Sundays. Alam ko may small bulbs sila.

    T5 or T3 bulbs madami sa Lazada.
    noted.
    thanks.

Toyota Innova Owners & Discussions [continued 3]