New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1496 of 1533 FirstFirst ... 1396144614861492149314941495149614971498149915001506 ... LastLast
Results 14,951 to 14,960 of 15330
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Memorized, yes.

What you hear is the single buzzer near the passenger-side fender (yellow).

The main horns (dual-tone buzzers) are behind the front grille (orange).

This is the first time I hear the single buzzer it is always the main horns for the stock alarm.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Deestone View Post
    This is the first time I hear the single buzzer it is always the main horns for the stock alarm.
    It's still like that.... when it's armed and you open any of the doors, the alarm will sound through the main horns.

AFAIK, the single buzzer on the side is used for two things.... the answer-back feature as I've detailed above, and as a sort of "door-minder" when you're trying to arm the vehicle with the remote and any of the doors are still open or ajar.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    It's still like that.... when it's armed and you open any of the doors, the alarm will sound through the main horns.

AFAIK, the single buzzer on the side is used for two things.... the answer-back feature as I've detailed above, and as a sort of "door-minder" when you're trying to arm the vehicle with the remote and any of the doors are still open or ajar.
    Okay will try this.... So if i don't get it right on the 1st and 2nd try nothing will happen to the alarm system?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    If you have the factory alarm, it's possible to enable the answer-back feature.

To ENABLE it, follow these steps carefully... they are time-bound.

1. Unlock the vehicle using the remote and get in, leave the door open
    2. Insert and remove the key from the ignition TWICE
    3. Wait 5 seconds... then press and hold the UNLOCK button on the remote for 4-5 seconds, TWICE
    4. Close the door and you should see the turn signals blink (you're now in programming mode)
    5. Press Lock, Unlock, Lock, Lock, Unlock on the remote. You should see the turn signals blink (end of programming mode)

You should now hear one beep for lock and two beeps for unlock

To DISABLE answer-back, follow steps 1 to 4 then use step 5 below:

5. Press Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock
    Here's an addendum to the instructions above for Step 5:

Both Options A and B I've discussed in my original post above but I've summarized them below for brevity. I've added C which disables all arm/disarm feedback... for the Ninjas among you.

Option A - Flashing turn signals ENABLED | Answer-back DISABLED (Default):
    Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock

Option B - Flashing turn signals ENABLED | Answer-back ENABLED:
    Lock, Unlock, Lock, Lock, Unlock

Option C - Flashing turn signals DISABLED | Answer-back DISABLED:
    Lock, Unlock, Lock, Lock, Lock, Unlock
    Last edited by oj88; June 12th, 2022 at 06:19 PM.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    I made a video demonstrating how to enable and disable the answer-back feature.

You've got to get the timing and procedure exactly right. If you missed a step, rushed it, or waited a second too long, then you'll have to start from the beginning.

Again, this is only known to work on the 1st Gen. Innova (2015 and earlier) and only with the factory alarm. This will NOT work on 3rd-party alarms, even if they were installed by your Toyota dealer.

My vehicle is a 2015 Innova G 2.5L Diesel. Disregard the appearance of my key fob... it's still the same factory remote inside.

I tried it again but this time I did it simultaneously while watching your video and surprisingly, it worked!!!

But I get irritated with the stock sound. I plan to replace it with a piezo buzzer to make it ear-friendly.

By the way, I used to have like your key fob but I found an upgrade.

screenshot-2022-06-13-065850.jpg
    viber_image_2022-06-13_07-16-08-012.jpg

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Vann-O View Post
    I tried it again but this time I did it simultaneously while watching your video and surprisingly, it worked!!!

But I get irritated with the stock sound. I plan to replace it with a piezo buzzer to make it ear-friendly.

By the way, I used to have like your key fob but I found an upgrade.
    Yep, you need to do it in the proper order and with the right timing. I guess they did that to make it harder for people to enter that mode by accident.

I also considered changing the transducer. Anyway, any 12V sounder should work. But I don't use it enough to be bothersome.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    pinag loloko tayo ni toyota sa facelift, di man lang binago yung posisyon ng turnilyo

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigg ma View Post
    pinag loloko tayo ni toyota sa facelift, di man lang binago yung posisyon ng turnilyo
    That's typically how the concept of MMCs and facelifts work. It's essentially a marketing ploy to revitalize a car model (ie. same generation).

Parts are often interchangeable but sometimes, cut-outs on adjacent metal parts like the hood, trunk, etc. may not work with the newer facelift parts.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Parang nag pa banat lang ng mukha.. hehe

Some models nga require the fender and hood replacement.. pero toyota palit bumper lang talaga

10. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Here's an addendum to the instructions above for Step 5:

Both Options A and B I've discussed in my original post above but I've summarized them below for brevity. I've added C which disables all arm/disarm feedback... for the Ninjas among you.

Option A - Flashing turn signals ENABLED | Answer-back DISABLED (Default):
    Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock

Option B - Flashing turn signals ENABLED | Answer-back ENABLED:
    Lock, Unlock, Lock, Lock, Unlock

Option C - Flashing turn signals DISABLED | Answer-back DISABLED:
    Lock, Unlock, Lock, Lock, Lock, Unlock
    Sir, my stock alarm is sounding randomly can I turn it off? so that my car key will just be use for opening and closing the car door lock.

Toyota Innova Owners & Discussions [continued 3]