New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    because, rav is at 1.2M and prado is doing around 2.6M, and if it is a filler unit in between, my estimate was even lower than the median which is 1.9M

but taking into consideration that 2.1M and above vehicle has a differen tax against vehicle at 1.2M to 2.M, 1.7M is quite realistic, since hilux is at 1.3M++

hope, toyota should price the fortuner at lower than 1.6M

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    according to TOYOTA insider, the price might be around 1.5M, to be released in May 05

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHorse
    because, rav is at 1.2M and prado is doing around 2.6M, and if it is a filler unit in between, my estimate was even lower than the median which is 1.9M

but taking into consideration that 2.1M and above vehicle has a differen tax against vehicle at 1.2M to 2.M, 1.7M is quite realistic, since hilux is at 1.3M++

hope, toyota should price the fortuner at lower than 1.6M
    Tama ka RedHorse sa price estimate mo. As Cary 168 have said, it will be around P1.5M. I've checked the new excise tax law for new vehicles and it says P112,000 plus 40% of the amount over P1.1M.

P1,500,000
    160,000(40% OF P400,000)
    -----------------------------
    P1,772,000

Give and take P1.8M na rin ito which is of the same range ng Pajero Fieldmaster. I didn't realize na ang mahal pala ng tax sa mga sasakyan with this tax scheme. Ka-presyo na yata niya ang FORD EXPLORER.

OT: I reviewed a thread in Tsikot.com dated a year and a half ago or so, about the Excise tax imposed on new vehicles na mostly favored on cars. Parang nakalimutan yata ng mga Senadores at congresistas ng Pilipinas na iilan lang na parte sa Pilipinas ang sementado ang mga daan na kung saan good for sedans. But to the most part of the Philippines, walang mga ensaktong mga daan.

Sa lugar namin, walang mga kotse kasi puro light commercial vehicles lahat kasi madaling masira kapag kotse ang ginagamit sa lugar namin sa Davao. Parang nakalimutan na yata na parte pa ng Pilipinas ang Mindanao kasi wala man lang nagawang bagong mga daan na matino ang gobyerno in that part of the country...Kung hindi lang sana nilustay ng mga opisyales doon ang pera ng gobyerno, nagkaroon na sana ito ng decent infrastructure...
    Last edited by cyberdoc95; January 31st, 2005 at 09:50 PM.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Magandang itapat to sa Montero Sport na medyo outdated na.Baka nga nasa 1.5-1.7M peso price range to.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Fortuner nalang di ko nakikita. Cant wait to see this!

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    this should kick the old montero out of the country hehehe

7. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer
    this should kick the old montero out of the country hehehe
    I could see the future of Montero. Medyo wrong timing pag dating ng Montero. The Fortuner will be launched soon. I think we should include the Everest in the danger zone when the Fortuner (and soon Xterra?) is launched here.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by carlocaraddict
    I could see the future of Montero. Medyo wrong timing pag dating ng Montero. The Fortuner will be launched soon. I think we should include the Everest in the danger zone when the Fortuner (and soon Xterra?) is launched here.
    though isn't it that the fortuner only has full-time 4wd?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    though isn't it that the fortuner only has full-time 4wd?
    you got a point there Mazdamazda, i assume it will be a full-time 4wd. Well, whats in my mind right now is that all of these SUVs are pick up based.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    hmmmm...parang i can smell the Fortuner coming, 2nd qtr? Lets see. Its in Sta Rosa daw already.

Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
The Toyota Fortuner has landed (fortuner pics at WTC in post #181)