New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I think INNOVA is based on the hilux platform.. correct me if i'm wrong..

INNOVA daw talaga ipapalit nila sa revo dito.. nasa 800K to 1.2M ang price range nya pag dinala dito.. kaya pwede pa rin ito sa pang-masang pinoy

yung FORTUNER, i think above 1.2M na price nyan pag dinala dito.. so highend SUV ito..

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Innova & Fortuner are not based on the Hi-lux Vigo platform... They belong to a single platform... The IMV (Innovative International Multi-purpose Vehicle) platform. It's a new production platform that aims to lower the cost of production by using a single platform for several models in a continuous production line.

So far, 3 models have been released using the IMV platform. An MPV (Innova/Revo), a Pick-up (Hi-Lux Vigo) and a mid-size SUV (Fortuner). From reliable sources, 2 more models are set for release using the IMV platform... A family van model and a car model.

With the IMV production line, the cost of the units for production in the Toyota Motors Philippines Plant should be lower and would translate to low-cost models for release in the Philippines... Let's just hope they don't get too greedy by jacking-up the price to get higher margins... ;)

Let's just wait and see...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmm...interesting....basta dapat lang may 4Lo yung mga 4x4 versions

Originally posted by Eye Spy
    Innova & Fortuner are not based on the Hi-lux Vigo platform... They belong to a single platform... The IMV (Innovative International Multi-purpose Vehicle) platform. It's a new production platform that aims to lower the cost of production by using a single platform for several models in a continuous production line.

So far, 3 models have been released using the IMV platform. An MPV (Innova/Revo), a Pick-up (Hi-Lux Vigo) and a mid-size SUV (Fortuner). From reliable sources, 2 more models are set for release using the IMV platform... A family van model and a car model.

With the IMV production line, the cost of the units for production in the Toyota Motors Philippines Plant should be lower and would translate to low-cost models for release in the Philippines... Let's just hope they don't get too greedy by jacking-up the price to get higher margins... ;)

Let's just wait and see...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    from motioncars.com (refering to incoming hilux)

Safety equipment includes driver’s airbag, side impact beams and a third brake light on the tailgate. Unfortunately, ABS and a passenger airbag are not available. The base 4x2 J M/T retails for P748,000, with the better-equipped E going for P928,000. The 4x4 G M/T is selling for P1,250,000, and the range-topping A/T at P1,305,000.

With such a wide price and equipment range, Toyota is hoping to capture 40% of the pickup market with its revitalized entry. (Two months after its launch in Thailand, it has cornered almost 46% of that market.) As good as the Hilux is, it merely represents the beachhead for Toyota’s assault on the commercial vehicle market. Next year will probably see the launch of at least two vehicles based on this platform (and that curvy dash): the all-new Revo and the Fortuner, a seven-seater SUV with all the performance of the Hilux and the matching good looks.
    Last edited by RafRaf; December 9th, 2004 at 07:47 AM.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    From the grapevine:
    Innova coming in Feb05, 2.5L common rail diesel, P900K+
    Fortuner coming in May05, 3.0L common rail diesel, about P1.3- 1.5M
    Last edited by jackaroo; December 10th, 2004 at 07:05 AM.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    if the same platform, shouldn't it have the same suspension? If the innova is a revo replacement, it should be rear leaf springs. If it is based on the hilux vigo, then it is rear leaf springs. So how can the fortuner be 4 coil springs? That would be great coz I believe no amount of tuning will ever make any leaf spring as soft as any coil springs.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by altec
    if the same platform, shouldn't it have the same suspension? If the innova is a revo replacement, it should be rear leaf springs. If it is based on the hilux vigo, then it is rear leaf springs. So how can the fortuner be 4 coil springs? That would be great coz I believe no amount of tuning will ever make any leaf spring as soft as any coil springs.
    It is still possible to have both coils and leaf spring variants on the same platform.

The Montero Sport is built on the Mitsu Strada platform, yet only a few variants sport leaf spring rear suspension as most are using coils.

Pajeros (GEN I and II) are also available in both leaf and coil spring version depending on the variant and on the market. Both types, however, still use the same chassis.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jackaroo
    From the grapevine:
    Fortuner coming in May05, 3.0L common rail diesel, about P1.3- 1.5M
    I can wait.... he he he

9. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Toyota Fortuner to battle Everest, Montero Sport and soon, Nissan Xterra/Paladin?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by altec
    possible naman ang coil springs on same platform..

ang local liteace natin dito was initially leaf springs.. then naging coil springs sya using the same chassis..

ang current hiace natin, coil springs sa hi-end models and leafsprings sa lo-end models..

Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
The Toyota Fortuner has landed (fortuner pics at WTC in post #181)