New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Ride for the night:

Direct competitor is obviously the Civic 1.8E. In fairness, the 12th gen Altis 1.6V has stepped up quite significantly vs the 11th gen.

Pros:
    - Looks more elegant than its predecessor. The 11th has more striking looks but I don't think it will age as well as the 10th or the 12th.
    - Has features not present in the Civic 1.8E - leather power-adjustable seats, 7 airbags, LED fogs, parking sensors, rain-sensing wipers
    - Rims are the correct size for the body - the 17s look very nice already, not like the Civic which looks hideous with the stock 16s

Cons:
    - Still does not drive anywhere as good as a Civic. Less power, less planted handling, CVT less responsive
    - Head unit is awfully outdated - too small for the enclosure, no Android Auto or Apple Carplay
    - Feels less roomy than both a Civic (which is wider and longer) and even the 11th gen (due to lower roofline)
    - No remote engine start and parking guide on the rear camera
    - Civic is still more of a headturner (especially with appropriate 18" rims) both inside and out

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    hows the NVH, the civic has really good nvh up front, but the back has too much noise from the wheel arch.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    hows the NVH, the civic has really good nvh up front, but the back has too much noise from the wheel arch.
    Just drove it around the city so NVH differences aren't as pronounced. Naturally the Altis rides softer but it's not that far off (unlike cornering ability where there's quite a big gap). I can even attribute it to my Civic having 18s. If you compare stock to stock, the Civic still has comparable pothole-soaking ability to the Altis.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Eps is better? 200x? The last gens steering was the worst

4. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Ride for the night:

Direct competitor is obviously the Civic 1.8E. In fairness, the 12th gen Altis 1.6V has stepped up quite significantly vs the 11th gen.

Pros:
    - Looks more elegant than its predecessor. The 11th has more striking looks but I don't think it will age as well as the 10th or the 12th.
    - Has features not present in the Civic 1.8E - leather power-adjustable seats, 7 airbags, LED fogs, parking sensors, rain-sensing wipers
    - Rims are the correct size for the body - the 17s look very nice already, not like the Civic which looks hideous with the stock 16s

Cons:
    - Still does not drive anywhere as good as a Civic. Less power, less planted handling, CVT less responsive
    - Head unit is awfully outdated - too small for the enclosure, no Android Auto or Apple Carplay
    - Feels less roomy than both a Civic (which is wider and longer) and even the 11th gen (due to lower roofline)
    - Civic is still more of a headturner (especially with appropriate 18" rims) both inside and out

I dunno. I kinda like the civic with the 16 inch rims to be honest. I like seeing those chunky tires and the brake rotors filling the insides of the rims. 😂

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Ride for the night:

Pros:

Cons:

Yeah the low roofline of this corolla and it's previous gen. Hindi ako comfortable talaga when I tried the backseat. Tumatama na buhok ko sa roof haha

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Eps is better? 200x? The last gens steering was the worst
    Felt lighter than the 11th gen, but maybe because I had 18s before on my 11th. Same dull feeling - good for parking and tight streets but maybe not on mountain roads.
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    I dunno. I kinda like the civic with the 16 inch rims to be honest. I like seeing those chunky tires and the brake rotors filling the insides of the rims. [emoji23]
    Di ko matiis Civic ko whenever I have to put on the stock rims. Looks like an SUV sa kapal ng sidewall. [emoji28]
    Quote Originally Posted by sean-archer View Post
    Yeah the low roofline of this corolla and it's previous gen. Hindi ako comfortable talaga when I tried the backseat. Tumatama na buhok ko sa roof haha

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    The 11th gen was for more spacious than the 10th. I never found the roofline to be claustrophobic. This one feels more cramped especially with the all black interior (nice seats though, much improved vs 11th gen).

7. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    GR Corolla=hot hatch.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    More like:

Corolla GR vs. Civic Type R.

I wish they turbocharge the 2.0 Dynamic Force engine (300+hp) with AWD and put in the GR Corolla.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by thearsenal1205 View Post
    More like:

Corolla GR vs. Civic Type R.

I wish they turbocharge the 2.0 Dynamic Force engine (300+hp) with AWD and put in the GR Corolla.
    Keep on dreaming. I doubt Toyota would ever come up with something like that, maybe Lexus will do it. The GRMN Yaris is the wildest car they can think of. The new 86 and new Supra are both collaborations with manufacturers who have sporty cars (Subaru and BMW).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021