New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 249 of 357 FirstFirst ... 149199239245246247248249250251252253259299349 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,490 of 3568
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mpbtejada View Post
    Hi Guys. Got myself a 2nd hand 2010 Altis 1.6G M/T, running for 71000km already. According to the seller and which he has proved with records, the unit was casa maintained every 5000km until 65000km. Planning to have the usual change oil, oil filter, spark plugs and tune-up in a couple of days. Any tips on what else I need to have checked? Thanks.
    see the service records if the shocks and the suspension components have been replaced and have them checked.
    also have the tranny fluid, the coolant and the brake fluids replaced.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hi Guys. Got myself a 2nd hand 2010 Altis 1.6G M/T, running for 71000km already. According to the seller and which he has proved with records, the unit was casa maintained every 5000km until 65000km. Planning to have the usual change oil, oil filter, spark plugs and tune-up in a couple of days. Any tips on what else I need to have checked? Thanks.
    see the service records if the shocks and the suspension components have been replaced and have them checked.

2. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    Noted on those. Would it be best to use Toyota Oil for the engine and the tranny? Any recos?
    Compared to my old '97 Honda Civic which, does the Altis still come with a timing belt or is it a chain already? Been confused from what I've been reading so far.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Noted on those. Would it be best to use Toyota Oil for the engine and the tranny? Any recos?
    Compared to my old '97 Honda Civic which, does the Altis still come with a timing belt or is it a chain already? Been confused from what I've been reading so far.
    you may use any oil.... i personally use shell semi-synthetic that i change every 5k kms. same with the tranny oil as long as the specs are the same as the user's manual.

it comes with a chain.

you may use any oil.... i personally use shell semi-synthetic that i change every 5k kms. same with the tranny oil as long as the specs are the same as the user's manual.

it comes with a chain.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Hi all! Patulong naman saan kau bumibili ng break pad for your altis maliban sa casa. Quezon city area. Thanks to all.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You may want to replace the serpentine belt just to be sure.

At 80,000kms, palit lahat fluids (transmission, coolant) and filters (fuel, air, cabin).

For fluids, i prefer Toyota Original Long Life Coolant and Gear oil. For your engine oil, chose your own poison.

Quote Originally Posted by ian28 View Post
    Hi all! Patulong naman saan kau bumibili ng break pad for your altis maliban sa casa. Quezon city area. Thanks to all.
    Toyorama in Banawe for OEM or Bendix replacement. Im using Bendix now but the OEMs are much better overall.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Salamat sir vinj.
    Magkano inabot gastos sau kasama labor sa pagpalit?

7. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post

it comes with a chain.
    Just to clarify. Transmission oil should also be changed for manual tranny? I thought this only applied to A/T?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Just to clarify. Transmission oil should also be changed for manual tranny? I thought this only applied to A/T?
    Manuals have transmission fluid as well. Cars even have different kinds of fluid for the manuals and autos.

9. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    Manuals have transmission fluid as well. Cars even have different kinds of fluid for the manuals and autos.
    Yup I'm aware of that. It's just that most mechanics I've come across so far would say that "lifetime" daw gear oil for manual tranny. Anyways, I agree that it's a good suggestion to change it as well since I'm starting fresh. Thanks guys.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008

Yup I'm aware of that. It's just that most mechanics I've come across so far would say that "lifetime" daw gear oil for manual tranny. Anyways, I agree that it's a good suggestion to change it as well since I'm starting fresh. Thanks guys.
    i suppose that's correct..
    when the transmission goes awry, then its lifetime is over.

but sa totoo lang... magkano ba naman ang change trans oil ng MT? give your manual transmission a treat... change its oil at least twice during the life of the car..
    heh heh.

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]