New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Haha~ Sobrang bihira kasi ako pumupunta dun, at hindi ko pinapansin yung mga yan. Ang alam ko lang lagi yan ginagamit for running factory business errands. So far I've heard no complaints about them naman, and they wouldn't be here still. Medyo matagal na nga ito dun eh. They had Revo's there before it and Tamaraw FX's before the Revo's. Even those didn't last that long. I'm inclined to believe that they liked the ride quality, good gas mileage and performance.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2011

Sir Genowell, suggest that you get the diesel Innova ;)

But better, test-drive both, and ask Toyota how much is their indicative maintenance or PMS cost between the gas- and diesel-variant, and decide from there on.... Mas fuel-efficient din sir ang diesel fuel at mas mura pati ang diesel fuel kaysa gasoline.

Make a cost spreadsheet comparing the two prior to buying one (you may use current cost on applicable items/factors). Say from upfront-ownership cost down to yearly maintenance, fuel expenses, insurance cost, the tax that goes for the diesel and gasoline model, and the depreciation costs between the two. Thereafter, after the depreciated years (say 5 years), then you will see how many years down-the-road you have saved owning the diesel-variant, if any.... or how many distance you need to cover on both models where the diesel-variant could slash-off the difference of the upfront-onwership cost or the purchase cost between the two; since the diesel, i believe, costs slightly more than the gasoline-variant.

By the way, we have recently acquired an Innova D-4D, since we have always trusted diesels....

Goodluck sir! ;)

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by shibby75 View Post
    I wnet for gas since my innova will stay with me for more than 10yrs. Peace of mind lang, yoko ng mag isip kung baka matyempuhan ako ng d4d problem.

And for any diesel engine. Rebuilds and parts are always double the price of a gas engine.
    Actually Innova namin 2008 model gas with 79k miles and still good

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    generally, pag gagamitin mo ng matagalan let say 5years plus. mas economical to buy a diesel (huwag lang masiraan due to clog or dirty diesel). but if you plan to use it for let say 3-5 years and papalitan mo na, i would recommend gas. ung initial cost savings mo sa gas, pambayad sa gasoline fuel.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    one factor that might tip the balance: the cost of inconvenience and worry, caused by tirik sa baha. diesels survive flooded streets much better than gas engines.
    and i did some computation in fuel expenses. assuming 1000 km/month, it comes to 33,000 kesos a year in more money, to drive gas innova versus diesel innova.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    May question ako. Hinuhuli din ba yan ng ASBU ang D4D? Balita ko pati CRDi nanghuhuli na sila. Kadalasan kasi mga old spec diesel engine na umuusok ang hinuhuli nila. Mga pulis maiinit sa mata nila ang sasakyang diesel.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by drich_enriquez View Post
    May question ako. Hinuhuli din ba yan ng ASBU ang D4D? Balita ko pati CRDi nanghuhuli na sila. Kadalasan kasi mga old spec diesel engine na umuusok ang hinuhuli nila. Mga pulis maiinit sa mata nila ang sasakyang diesel.

Sa edsa may nakita ako nanghuhuli smoke belching.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    CRDi hinuhuli??

Siguro mausok dahil may problema ang turbo charger or barado ang EGR otherwise walang makitang usok. Wala silang basehan para hulihin kung ang dahilan lamang ay diesel engine. Heck the emission of a crdi engine is much better than the gasoline engine.

Kaya sa europe mas mababa ang binabayaran sa gobierno kapag common rail diesel injection ang sasakyan mo.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by drich_enriquez View Post
    Innova - Nope
    Crosswind and Adventure = Yes

10. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Mag gas ka na lang brod tumataas na price per liter ng diesel ngayon konti na lang difference sa price ng gas saka mas mura
    maintenance ng gas, isa pa brod mas tumatagal at mas matibay gas engine than diesel of toyota.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
plan to buy inova gas or diesel ??