New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by first_light View Post
    If you look at where you can save more after 10 years of use, diesel is better due to a high cost of fuel in our country. And assuming that there will be no major problem on the D4D.
    Also, diesel can last longer than gas. Look at the PUJs and delivery trucks.
    kung toyota diesel. i doubt it will last longer kasi since then wala pang toyota diesel engine na tumagal unlike the mits, isuzu and
    nissan. toyota gas engine ang mas matibay at tumatagal pero sa diesel malabo.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Throughout the lifespan of Hilux (started production in 1968), it has built up a reputation for being sturdy, reliable and even been coined as being virtually indestructible. By the way, kapatid ito ni Innova D4D. Hindi pa natin masabi kung tatagal si Innova since it started/released in 2005. But looking at its design (which is almost the same as Hilux). I bet, it will last more than 10 years. Also, 2KD-FTV engine was introduced in 2001.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by first_light View Post
    Throughout the lifespan of Hilux (started production in 1968), it has built up a reputation for being sturdy, reliable and even been coined as being virtually indestructible. By the way, kapatid ito ni Innova D4D. Hindi pa natin masabi kung tatagal si Innova since it started/released in 2005. But looking at its design (which is almost the same as Hilux). I bet, it will last more than 10 years. Also, 2KD-FTV engine was introduced in 2001.
    Agree dito sir, old engines of toyota like the L series na diesel eh bilib ako sa tibay base na din sa experience ko, even until now ang daming surplus old engine ng toyota kahit saan ka magpuntang surplus shop, but for the new model like the D4D engines Im not sure pero sabi din ng reliable kung mechanic hindi ganun daw kasing tibay ng old engines ng toyota yung new D4D.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Toyota diesels are still reliable, albeit not as good as Nissan and Hyundai.

If they stick to the old reliable engine designs and set-ups then there won't be innovation; we'd be stuck with pre-combustion chambered, slow and smoky diesels. The 2.5 found on the Innova is one of Toyota's first forays into the mass produced CRDi so there are teething problems but if you look at it, its mainly the fuel system that had problems but otherwise, you don't see engines blowing up, overheating or cracking their chain drives and blocks.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    CRDi is the future.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    I have been using my Innova Diesel for a year as a daily beater. No problems not so far, but then it's only a year old. Fuel mileage beats my 1.6V Altis (Gas) by additional 40km in city driving, and more in Highway driving.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    consider also the sky rocket price of diesel fuel recently.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I wnet for gas since my innova will stay with me for more than 10yrs. Peace of mind lang, yoko ng mag isip kung baka matyempuhan ako ng d4d problem.

And for any diesel engine. Rebuilds and parts are always double the price of a gas engine.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    There are three 2005 Innova J D4D's used as service vehicles at our factory. Up and running parin ngayon. Considering the way they use cars, and the fact that the three are still alive today, the reliability should be pretty good.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    There are three 2005 Innova J D4D's used as service vehicles at our factory. Up and running parin ngayon. Considering the way they use cars, and the fact that the three are still alive today, the reliability should be pretty good.
    over 100K odometer reading already? Maybe perhaps you get the latter part of the 2005 model which I guess Toyota already made some adjustments.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
plan to buy inova gas or diesel ??