New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    plan ko po mag buy ng inova pero nalilito ako kung gas o diesel eto po sana yung condition:

Engine durability. I want my inova to stay with me for the next 10 years.
    Maintenance cost. I want something that will cost less in terms of maintenance over a span of 10 years.
    then yung usage mosly short distance city drive tapos paminsan minsan province drive aun po

thank you po...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Yung D4D medyo alanganin ako sa very long-term use. Pwede kasi bumigay yung injectors niya et.al pagpatak ng 100k kms. It's common. Kahit sa mga older millenium Starexes. It happens. Yun nga lang, if that occurs, medyo mahal. But quite attainable. Yun lang naman yung medyo isipin as a long-term issue. Unless you don't really put effort into maintaining your car.

Maintenance cost, PMS-wise, I have a feeling na mas mura yung Gas. Ganun kasi talaga. CRDi vs. Theta II, mas mura theta. And mahal din maintenance ng DiD ( Mitsu ) so I guess, it applies to D4D also. However, since Toyota naman siya I guess it's cheaper than the rest of the cars who sports a modern diesel engine.

Fuel prices, obvious. D4D has an advantage.
    Torque/Acceleration, mas advantageous din yung D4D.

So ayun. Hindi naman kasi ito katulad ng Crosswind that could last hundreds and hundreds of thousand of kilometers without breaking down.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    i got a gas manual for me - personal/family use

if i could turn back time i'd get a gas automatic instead of a gas manual though

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    The price difference between the gas and diesel version is only about 55,000. Dont know what deals or discounts toyota is giving but at that price, I will always go with the diesel. You should be able to get back the additional cost pretty fast from fuel savings alone. When my kids used my Avanza to as school service, a full tank of gas will last them around 1 week. With the Innova, a full tank of diesel will last them at least one and a half weeks. And they have longer route now that my youngest is going to preschool and the kids go to tutor after school.

Maintenance cost for my innova was 1576 pesos. Mineral oil, free labour for 5000 km service. Back in 2007, my avanza's 5000 km service cost me about a 1000. So hindi malaki ang difference.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd still go with a diesel engine. It may cost more but the fuel is cheaper, it's more efficient and the resale value is better later on (which pretty much makes up for the brand new cost between the gas and diesel Innova).

In the ten years you plan to use it, and given it will be a low mileage vehicle, i'd estimate the injection pump needing servicing at least once (or maybe not at all) as long as you follow proper maintenance procedures. Kung magka problem needing service outside the warranty, how much will it cost at a good diesel shop? Around 30K+ to 40K tops the last time i checked when one of our Innovas had the stalling problem (that was a good three years ago). We still have an 05 Innova diesel a/t being used by one of my relatives (everyday, for business and family use) and it has logged well over 100,000kms. It still has not visited the calibration shop although i suspect it may soon need some servicing (nozzle cleaning, etc). due to a more sluggish off-the-line performance it has been showing lately and there's a initial puff of black smoke when the engine is gunned under load. I also sold my 2005 Innova J diesel to my friend back in 2008 and up to now, it has not shown any sign to need serious servicing/repairs (mileage is at around 80,000kms right now).

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i've been enjoying my D4d for six years now. and it's great! i'm getting at least 11 km/liter city driving, no sweat. that's at least 250 km per 1000 kesos fuel.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    im enjoying my innova D4D for about 1 year na. di naman ganun ganun nag o-occur yung problems. proper maintenance and observation lang sa unit ang kailangan jan sa pagtagal ng unit i think. eh sa fuel pa lang, panalo ka na sa diesel, more affordable than gas, more mileage than gas and more torque and speed than gas. kung sa maintenance naman, i think kahit mas mura gas sa maintenance kesa sa diesel, sa diesel pa din ako. kasi mas madalas ka naman magpapa krudo ng mas mura sa D4D kesa magpapa maintenance ng mas mura sa VVT-i eh. parang naka gas ka din naman pag D4D ang unit mo sir, sa loob walang ingay, kala mo gas ang dala mo sasakyan.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Re: plan to buy inova gas or diesel ??

A. Diesel engine ang the best..

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    i got a 1st gen innova gas A/T... back then it's no brainer what to buy because petrol and diesel is almost 3 pesos apart only. but when i learned about the 1st d4d stalling issue, told to myself i did the right choice. with more than 6 years and 100k odo in counting, this gas engine-fed machine is still going strong with no signs of giving up.

with this first hand experience, sans the stalling issue for the d4d, i'd still choose the gas version but am not saying that the d4d is not durable against its gas brethen. btw, my ave FC is about 9.2 km/l

10. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    If you look at where you can save more after 10 years of use, diesel is better due to a high cost of fuel in our country. And assuming that there will be no major problem on the D4D.
    Also, diesel can last longer than gas. Look at the PUJs and delivery trucks.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
plan to buy inova gas or diesel ??