New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    For highway drive i believe the AT has the adventage over the MT in terms of FC since since the last gear of the AT is better. You can run faster at a lower rpm.

In yerms of the first 2 gears of the AT innova, im quiye surprised with the good gearing set done by toyota compared to other brands. Its like driving a manual coz it shift gears below 2000rpm on a normal drive.

The additional 60Nm for the AT is to compensate the power loss of transmitting the power to its wheel and comparing it with the manual i can say both have the same feel of torque in acceleration.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by aki0125 View Post
    For highway drive i believe the AT has the adventage over the MT in terms of FC since since the last gear of the AT is better. You can run faster at a lower rpm.

In yerms of the first 2 gears of the AT innova, im quiye surprised with the good gearing set done by toyota compared to other brands. Its like driving a manual coz it shift gears below 2000rpm on a normal drive.

The additional 60Nm for the AT is to compensate the power loss of transmitting the power to its wheel and comparing it with the manual i can say both have the same feel of torque in acceleration.
    Considering the model 2KD-FTV (Innova G):
    auto has higher torque than stick (260Nm vs. 200Nm) means auto accelerates quickly
    auto curb wt. is greater than stick (1,670kg. vs. 1,655kg.) means auto is heavier
    therefore, it depends on the driver's skill.
    actually, it's 50/50 since both auto and stick has the same PS.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Traffic - Traffic, I believe the A/T will return better results due to higher Torque figures.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by aki0125 View Post

nice inputs sir.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by first_light View Post
    Considering the model 2KD-FTV (Innova G):
    auto has higher torque than stick (260Nm vs. 200Nm) means auto accelerates quickly
    auto curb wt. is greater than stick (1,670kg. vs. 1,655kg.) means auto is heavier
    therefore, it depends on the driver's skill.
    actually, it's 50/50 since both auto and stick has the same PS.
    btw, where is the additional 60Nm of torque coming from? is this from the engine tuned differently or this is because of the a/t system itself?
    am just thinking, if its from the engine then is it possible to re-tune the engine mated with m/t to get that additional torque?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kristine123 View Post
    Ang ayaw ko lang sa AT ay di mo ma control 1st and 2nd gear sa traffic, sometimes gusto ko 2nd gear lang sya pero nag 1st gear talaga. kasi malakas kumain ng gas ang 1st gear . Unlike sa MT kontrolado mo every galaw. Pero 100% relax ka sa pag drive sa AT.

Tipid din sa FC ang AT compare sa MT sa Highway...
    Diyan na papasaok ang use ng Gated feature ng A/T to control 1st & 2nd gear. Just make sure to shift to the correct gear, at the correct time and RPM if not "BUNGI". hehehehe

7. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by KinKyHOOTER View Post
    Diyan na papasaok ang use ng Gated feature ng A/T to control 1st & 2nd gear. Just make sure to shift to the correct gear, at the correct time and RPM if not "BUNGI". hehehehe

paanong Bungi sir?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by KinKyHOOTER View Post
    Paano to sir? paano pag control 1st at 2nd gear sa AT? at paanong BUNGI sir?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kristine123 View Post
    Paano to sir? paano pag control 1st at 2nd gear sa AT? at paanong BUNGI sir?
    Guys sorry, my message may sound confusing.

What I meant was since gated type yng A/T ng Innova, L - 2 - 3 - D = (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th Gear)...basta naman tamang lipat ng lever sa tamang speed at RPM is fine.

But diba if your running L till 80kph kawawa makina....or 140kph then bigla ma 3 mo....baka ma BUNGI ang transmission.

Hehehehe

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I have this issue with gate type matic trannies. Last week while travelling along roxas my wifes bag accidentally landed on the lever while we are travelling close to 100kph. From 4th gear or "D" it shifted "3". buti nalang mabagal lang takbo

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Which is better 2011 Innova D4D A/T or Manual Tranny