New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by aki0125 View Post
    I have this issue with gate type matic trannies. Last week while travelling along roxas my wifes bag accidentally landed on the lever while we are travelling close to 100kph. From 4th gear or "D" it shifted "3". buti nalang mabagal lang takbo

It is good practice to drive with both your hands in the steering wheel. You might accidentally move the shift lever if your holding on the knob while driving.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by KinKyHOOTER View Post
    Guys sorry, my message may sound confusing.

What I meant was since gated type yng A/T ng Innova, L - 2 - 3 - D = (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th Gear)...basta naman tamang lipat ng lever sa tamang speed at RPM is fine.

But diba if your running L till 80kph kawawa makina....or 140kph then bigla ma 3 mo....baka ma BUNGI ang transmission.

Hehehehe
    Pero you cannot control the gear 1 and gear 2 during traffic not like Manual trannies...

kung ilalagay mo sa 2... ang mangyayari ay 1 and 2 gear lang ang gagamitin nya hindi 2nd lang.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by aki0125 View Post
    I have this issue with gate type matic trannies. Last week while travelling along roxas my wifes bag accidentally landed on the lever while we are travelling close to 100kph. From 4th gear or "D" it shifted "3". buti nalang mabagal lang takbo
    kaya bawala ang mga malilikot pag mabilis na ang takbo... Specially bata pinagbabawalan ko sa harap umupo.

Minsan pag may bata dalawa lang ang mangyayari, mapunta sa D or N.... masisira din ba pag mapunta sa N during 100km/h?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by taraki17 View Post
    performance wise, say going up kennon road or marcos hway up to baguio, which would perform better? the innova d4d with A/T or M/T tranny? kunwari maghabolan yung dalawa, hehehe
    Imagine going up Baguio with your left hand on the steering wheel and all along holding and sipping your Starbucks coffee on your right hand - plus chit chatting with the family while there's stop/go traffic in the U-turn near the lion's head. These times I love an automatic. Or simply driving up Tagaytay with Starbucks coffee in one hand. Talap!
    I'm getting old and starting to prefer more of the relaxed driving and getting to where I am safely and no high blood.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by first_light View Post
    Iiwanan ng MT ang AT sa zigzag na akyatan. But sa hi-way na pa-akyat, maiiwan ang MT. Pero if you want race, wag naman sa kennon or marco hi-way up to Baguio. Konting mali lang, sa bangin ka pupulutin.
    Amen to that and knock on wood. Sana wag kayo kunin ni Lord.
    Please drive safely and chillax.

High speed driving and relaxed driving will make you get to your destination around 13min faster.
    But consider the risk to your children and spouses (kung marami kang panganay hehe ).

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    From Drive to Neutral, no problem at all. But from Drive to 3, if it is running at high speed definitely there will be some damages both in the engine and tranny

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Its mandatory to place a child at the back seat with a car seat if possible for safety purposes

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Drive to neutral basically just disconnects the driveshaft. Much like a manual shifting from a certain gear to neutral, or just plain letting go of the throttle with matic tranny at higher speeds. Drive to 3 wala namang problema kung normal cruising speed lang naman. Our Revo diesel can run up to 80km/h using 3rd gear * 4000rpm. 5 speed tranny yan so even narrower spacing of gears. So its safe to assume that your engine will not blow up if you run 3rd gear at 100km/h with a 4 speed tranny. Just don't let that happen on a top speed run.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Lately nakapag try ako ng matic na innova d4d. And yes its more fun to drive the manual yet more relaxing to drive the matic. Both 2.5 L engines.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Which is better 2011 Innova D4D A/T or Manual Tranny