New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    and it's usually a Toyota...
    "Naku, nasunog iyung isang SM Branch! Takot na akong pumunta ngayon sa lahat ng SM!" :bwahaha:

Or even worse: "May nasunog na building? Ayoko nang pumasok sa kahit anong building!" :bwahaha:

"Breaking News: Na-virus ang computer ng Presidente! Windows ang O.S. nito."

Comment: "... and it's usually Windows". Ayus ba sa analogy, HP? :peace:

Sabi nga nila, kaya PINAKAMARAMI ang viruses sa Windows platform, kasi, siya ang may PINAKAMALAKING share sa market. Ganun din iyan sa mga sasakyan, mas marami kang mababalitaan na nasusunog na Toyota dahil siya ang pinakamalaking manufacturer ng mga commercial cars.

Hmmm, come to think of it, the rate of viruses for Windows is TOO large to be analogous to the number of Toyota cars that "went up in flames."

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    I'm sure that this is an isolated case and I agree that improper installation of some electrical based accessories can very have well caused it.

Careless splicing, improper connections can light up any car brand or make. It is totally unfair to blame the brand (Toyota) and generalize that its variants it will meet the same fate as this unfortunate owner.

Last edited by Memphis Raines; March 11th, 2009 at 11:16 PM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    "Naku, nasunog iyung isang SM Branch! Takot na akong pumunta ngayon sa lahat ng SM!" :bwahaha:

Or even worse: "May nasunog na building? Ayoko nang pumasok sa kahit anong building!" :bwahaha:

Sabi nga nila, kaya PINAKAMARAMI ang viruses sa Windows platform, kasi, siya ang may PINAKAMALAKING share sa market. Ganun din iyan sa mga sasakyan, mas marami kang mababalitaan na nasusunog na Toyota dahil siya ang pinakamalaking manufacturer ng mga commercial cars.

Hmmm, come to think of it, the rate of viruses for Windows is TOO large to be analogous to the number of Toyota cars that "went up in flames."
    sakto ka dito boy... amen.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    "Naku, nasunog iyung isang SM Branch! Takot na akong pumunta ngayon sa lahat ng SM!"

Or even worse: "May nasunog na building? Ayoko nang pumasok sa kahit anong building!"
    Woohoo, don't be stupid. You know I didn't mean it that way.

As a Toyota owner (actually, Avanza is made by Daihatsu, so technically the car that burned was a Daihatsu), I understand your apprehension about my reply to the post above mine. That however, doesn't give you the freedom to mock me.

News about the incidents of cars burning up in the past few years tend to have a Toyta brand. That's all there is to my reply. I did not imply that every Toyota will burn. I just stated an observation.

Obviously, you already replied to your own post:

"

I think everybody knows that.

So my statement that it's usually a Toyota is correct. Toyota, being the local best seller would mathematically have the highest number of defective units as a whole lot compared to any popular brand.
    There are also other brands that went up in flames, not just as numerous as Toyota's cases. A Ferrari F430 burned not so long ago.

BTW, after making fun of someone else's post, don't put a peace smiley. Makes you look spineless.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by baboyPP View Post
    sakto ka dito boy... amen.
    4:36am, March 2009 registration, first post just to second someone's post?

someone didn't sleep well...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    4:36am, March 2009 registration, first post just to second someone's post?

someone didn't sleep well...
    You noticed that too huh?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008

OT: in logic, there is what we call the fallacy of hasty generalization... some generalizations do indeed become a fallacy... as to the toyota incident, i don't think there was any hasty generalization made. as to the windows being attacked by virus, well, if we compare windows to other OS percentage wise, there can indeed be a generalization that can be made without being hasty about it.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Woohoo, don't be stupid. You know I didn't mean it that way.
    I am not stupid. The first 2 lines were not for you, that should've been obvious.

(edit: Hmm.. hindi nga pala obvious. I thought I made the distinction clear. Anyway, so yun, I meant the first 2 lines for another post. LeOxe's, in particular)

Spineless? I thought I should put that PEACE sign for my 3rd and 4th lines para pampabawas "lakas"... since I consider you as a friend.

Please read my post again, keeping in mind that the first 2 lines weren't for you.

Last edited by woohoo; March 12th, 2009 at 07:36 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    As a Toyota owner (actually, Avanza is made by Daihatsu, so technically the car that burned was a Daihatsu)
    Yes, the Toyota Avanza is made by Astra Daihatsu in Indonesia, but Toyota owns a controlling stake in Daihatsu (51.2%) and Toyota is also responsible for marketing the Toyota version?

Since Toyota thinks the Avanza (Daihatsu Xenia) is good enough to wear the Toyota badge, don't you think Toyota is still responsible aside from the fact that they have a controlling stake in Daihatsu?

and it's usually a Toyota...
    Well, if you think about it, there are many Toyotas on the road, so more chances for something to happen to them.

But as usual, because its a Toyota, people just let it go, just like the previous gen Hondas with the gas tanks that fell off.
    When something bad (isolated case) happens to a Nissan, Mitsubishi, Chevy, Mazda etc, they get branded right away.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2009

*woohoo. correction lang sa "viruses"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plural_of_virus

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Avanza catches Fire sa SLEX