New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mey0r View Post
    *woohoo. correction lang sa "viruses"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plural_of_virus
    Thanks. But I find "viruses" more commonly used for PC Virus, not the biological virus kas. But still, thanks. Hehe.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    You noticed that too huh?
    Aba, oo nga, ano? Sino kaya iyun? I hope no one's thinking what I think they're thinking. If they are, they're seriously mistaken, and I'm seriously disappointed. tsk tsk... :nono:

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    "Naku, nasunog iyung isang SM Branch! Takot na akong pumunta ngayon sa lahat ng SM!" :bwahaha:

Or even worse: "May nasunog na building? Ayoko nang pumasok sa kahit anong building!" :bwahaha:
    That way of thinking doesn't seem to apply for brands like Toyota, Honda or Hyundai.

Other cars, even the smallest isolated report can trigger a bashing fest that will go on for a dozen pages.
    Last edited by AG4; March 12th, 2009 at 07:17 PM.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    That way of thinking doesn't seem to apply for brands like Toyota, Honda or Hyundai.

Other cars, even the smallest isolated report can trigger a bashing fest that will go on for a dozen pages.
    I agree, but it doesn't seem to be the case for LeOxe, who has indeed made a hasty generalization, IMO.

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    i think Toyota or a 3rd party should do an investigation on what caused the spark that led the car to flames. i'm eager to wait for the results.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    I am not stupid. The first 2 lines were not for you, that should've been obvious.

(edit: Hmm.. hindi nga pala obvious. I thought I made the distinction clear. Anyway, so yun, I meant the first 2 lines for another post. LeOxe's, in particular)

Spineless? I thought I should put that PEACE sign for my 3rd and 4th lines para pampabawas "lakas"... since I consider you as a friend.

Please read my post again, keeping in mind that the first 2 lines weren't for you.

It would've been clearer if you've quoted and replied to the post you're referring to.

I know you are better than that that's why I said "don't be".

The peace smiley, after all you've stated after quoting my reply, looked like an insult.

Anyway, I don't want to waste my time and yours by prolonging this any further. I will move on and forget about this - hopefully, you too.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    Yes, the Toyota Avanza is made by Astra Daihatsu in Indonesia, but Toyota owns a controlling stake in Daihatsu (51.2%) and Toyota is also responsible for marketing the Toyota version?

Since Toyota thinks the Avanza (Daihatsu Xenia) is good enough to wear the Toyota badge, don't you think Toyota is still responsible aside from the fact that they have a controlling stake in Daihatsu?

Well, if you think about it, there are many Toyotas on the road, so more chances for something to happen to them.

But as usual, because its a Toyota, people just let it go, just like the previous gen Hondas with the gas tanks that fell off.
    When something bad (isolated case) happens to a Nissan, Mitsubishi, Chevy, Mazda etc, they get branded right away.
    Yes of course, Toyota should be held responsible and be made to do preventive repairs for free if necessary (after a thorough third party investigation).

Toyota's decades long of good reputation is serving them well at present that's why I guess people dismiss their shortcomings. Same with other popular brands.

As for the Avanza owners, may I suggest that you equip your vehicles with a small fire extinguisher (usually about 800 bucks) for your safety.

Last edited by Horsepower; March 12th, 2009 at 11:33 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    that's so scary thinking it's a toyota --- the #1 car maker in the world.

what do you think happened to their quality?
    Re: Toyota Quality

I have read a foreign review where they bash the Innova....contending that the vehicle is not worthy to wear the T badge.

Anyway, parang pinalabas nila that Toyota does not apply its famed workmanship on vehicles across the globe and seems to lax a bit in vehicles marketed to consumers in the developing countries.

If I may discerned, the Avanza, Innova, and Fortuner operate as cheaper 3rd World alternatives to mainstream Hiace, Previa, and 4Runners lineups.

Yes, there are vehicles that still showcase Toyota's 'build quality" that make converts out of millions around the world. Just don't get impressed "that since its a Toyota it must be good" slogan.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    You noticed that too huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by batangmahal View Post
    OT: in logic, there is what we call the fallacy of hasty generalization... some generalizations do indeed become a fallacy... as to the toyota incident, i don't think there was any hasty generalization made. as to the windows being attacked by virus, well, if we compare windows to other OS percentage wise, there can indeed be a generalization that can be made without being hasty about it.
    << this is what I understood too. as for that registering just to reply to that post thingie, [and at an unholy hour] I'll just shrug that off... I ain't judging whoever said that just by the statement alone, and I happen to think this place is great and worth a membership.

Oh, and I own a red Avanza.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Yes of course, Toyota should be held responsible and be made to do preventive repairs for free if necessary (after a thorough third party investigation).

Toyota's decades long of good reputation is serving them well at present that's why I guess people dismiss their shortcomings. Same with other popular brands.

As for the Avanza owners, may I suggest that you equip your vehicles with a small fire extinguisher (usually about 800 bucks) for your safety.

i agree with that....
    but i also suggest, you can buy one for our safety..

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Avanza catches Fire sa SLEX