New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jojopad View Post
    This guy bought the T Cross Hybrid. He claimed with some math that after 5 years the 300k+ additional price tag of the hybrid will be recovered based on the fuel savings. Seems too good to be true.

He also said Toyota PH is now giving the hybrid batter 8 years warranty. True?

https://youtu.be/06BOXxA9xTg
    Magkano kaya batteries nyan? Yung 300k kaya offsets ng price of battery replacement

Sent from my 2107113SG using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    Magkano kaya batteries nyan? Yung 300k kaya offsets ng price of battery replacement

Sent from my 2107113SG using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    As per this YouTube video, battery will cost PhP100K (Toyota Malaysia, amount was converted to PhP)

as per Toyota, the battery will last the lifespan of the car. not unless you plan to use the car for more than 20 years!

yan din naisip ko noon nung sinabi ni misis na hybrid gusto nya.

then I started asking relatives/friends abroad if they know people who uses 15year old Prius(es).

when they said the car was still worry free, then nagbago isip ko

3. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    My sister had a Honda Civic 9th gen with the hybrid battery. She bought last 2011. The issues she had with the car were mostly from the engine and not with the hybrid system. It had very excellent fuel.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    This guy bought the T Cross Hybrid. He claimed with some math that after 5 years the 300k+ additional price tag of the hybrid will be recovered based on the fuel savings. Seems too good to be true.

This guy used 6 kms/liter, 10k kilometers per year and 70 kesos per liter for comparison. So in my case where my gas car uses 9 kpl and 5k kms a year, medyo matagal ang antayan to break even, lalo na pag bumaba below 70 ang gas.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    This guy used 6 kms/liter, 10k kilometers per year and 70 kesos per liter for comparison. So in my case where my gas car uses 9 kpl and 5k kms a year, medyo matagal ang antayan to break even, lalo na pag bumaba below 70 ang gas.
    when I calculated my wife's car use (+ weekends) - we will need more than 8 years to break even.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    when I calculated my wife's car use (+ weekends) - we will need more than 8 years to break even.
    Or longer, when gas goes down to the 50s level. Haaay, babalik pa kaya?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    Or longer, when gas goes down to the 50s level. Haaay, babalik pa kaya?
    yup. pero the Hybrid Corolla Cross is a way better equipped car compared to its non-hybrid version. kaya we should also factor that in when making the comparison.

then there's the part where hindi ka maghihinayang to keep the A/C running when doing quick stops (7-11, ATM etc)

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005

Better argument is that the 300k premium over the G variant must also factor in the additional features not just fuel savings. The extra you pay gets you the Toyota Safety Sense, better audio system, upgraded 18” wheel and tyre package. By experience, my hybrid can do an easy 15-17km liter in City, and 20km/l upwards in highway driving.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    I did a comparo earlier...

The non-hybrid Corolla Cross is too expensive if you compare it against the Territory, Coolray etc
    way too expensive against the Xpander (GLS) and Avanza

Pero the Hybrid Version is reasonable.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    I wonder if the Cross engine is direct injection only, or is it using the newer port+direct injection system.

For long term ownership I would prefer the Cross (hybrid or not) over those tech-heavy turbocharged Chinese brand crosover. Those carbon deposit gunk is going to be worse with turbocharged direct injection petrol engines.