New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    These journas missed the oppurtunity to highlight the average speed. My aging car records this information.

They mentioned the 230ish kilometers and the total fuel used diba...why not the speed?
    9.8 km/L at 15 kph average.

https://www.autoindustriya.com/car-r...-v-hybrid.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    9.8 km/L at 15 kph average.

https://www.autoindustriya.com/car-r...-v-hybrid.html

that's with the hybrid system. the gas only variant that topgear is "promoting" did exceptionally well.. at what speed?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    that's with the hybrid system. the gas only variant that topgear is "promoting" did exceptionally well.. at what speed?
    Wrong link but the FC I quoted was for the 1.8.

https://www.autoindustriya.com/car-r...1-8-g-cvt.html

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Wrong link but the FC I quoted was for the 1.8.

https://www.autoindustriya.com/car-r...1-8-g-cvt.html

man, that autoindustriya review is exceptionally done!

urethane steering wheel... is a lol

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    man, that autoindustriya review is exceptionally done!

urethane steering wheel... is a lol
    Everything about the 1.8 Corolla Cross is disappointing when you compare that it costs more than the TOTL Coolray and Territory.

Might as well go for the 1.8 Hybrid if you’re going for the Toyota badge, at least it comes well kitted and with better fuel economy (although sticker price difference takes about 8-10 yrs to recover on fuel savings alone).

6. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    My friend was looking at a Territory or a Corolla Cross. She chose the Territory after sitting inside the Cross. The Ford has a much better interior and has more features according to her.

I havent seen the inside of a Corolla Cross but the Territory is like being in a smaller Explorer.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by viper888 View Post
    My friend was looking at a Territory or a Corolla Cross. She chose the Territory after sitting inside the Cross. The Ford has a much better interior and has more features according to her.

I havent seen the inside of a Corolla Cross but the Territory is like being in a smaller Explorer.
    Although the Corolla Cross is based on the Corolla (specifically the shorter wheelbase Corolla hatchback) it is positioned between traditional compact and subcompact crossover SUVs. This explains why it has some hard interior plastics, and a cheaper torsion beam rear suspension that's more common in smaller subcompact SUVs.
    Last edited by AG4; February 6th, 2022 at 05:13 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    20km/l on the highway, if I remember correctly, same figures achieved by ZigWheels.

few things to note...

Toyota PH is only giving 3 years warranty, 5 on the battery.
    Toyota Malaysia is giving 8 years warranty on the battery (which included all components of the hybrid system) and you can pay for an additional 2 years (10 years in total).
    The battery replacement cost in Malaysia is around PhP100K

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    After a few weeks and a long Bataan road trip, maybe some comments on the Corolla Cross Hybrid from a new owner:

1) Handling is pretty good, with a slightly firm tuning of the suspension. Malaysian reviewer notes the Cross was surprising in the ability of the suspension to do some spirited driving. I can confirm that, and the Cross acquits itself pretty well if you are brave enough to maximize the cornering ability. Not as good as the family's Golf wagon, but close enough.

2) While the power seems down on paper, real world feel is more than adequate. of course, iwan ka pag nakabwelo na mga turbo diesel and bigger-engined gas cars, but for overtaking on flats and hills, the instant torque of the electric motor is very useful. Nakakalalaki minsan in an entertaining run with some Monteros and Fortuners in a Bataan trip. Nagulat sila I could overtake them and a lumbering truck sa paahon. Nag-spool palang yata turbos nila naka-abante na ako. And given max speed limit is 100kph, power is more than adequate.

3) Fuel economy gains are real. Driven like a normal car (on power mode), managed to get 20km / liter on roundtrip Manila-Bataan-Manila. City driving it's an easy 15-17km/l. May ibang cars advertised to reach that level, pero nagagawa lang yung using hypermiling. Sa Cross kahil barubal ka magdrive, does not matter. You will easily get 2x the mileage vs a comparably-sized vehicle, gas or diesel. Kahit mga smaller economy cars, match or beat niya yun.

4) Premium over 1.8G is not just the fuel savings. Consider the 300k plus premium also gives you the Toyota Safety Sense and nicer option package, so I feel pag fuel savings lang yung tinitignan mo hindi complete yung analysis. Tama yung kung may Hybrid G na same option package as 1.8G. Pero madaming extra yung Hybrid vs 1.8G, so mali yung cost-benefit analysis kung fuel economy lang. In fact, better buy siya kahit na mas mahal. I agree with the reviews that yung 1.8G sobrang bare, hindi sulit at talagang Toyota brand lang. If you can stretch for the hybrid, I recommend it highly.

5) I think yung concerns on hybrid tech are overblown since Toyota has been at this for 20+ years. Dito lang sa Pilipinas bago and hybrid. Sa ibang bansa, parang normal na kotse lang yan. And hybrids have less moving parts. Walang alternator/starter/serpentine fan belt.

6) EV mode on startup/idle/coasting is the secret to the fuel economy numbers. So to maximize the hybrid's strength, dapat matuto ka magdrive to maximize the energy regeneration feature pag coasting/breaking para ma charge yung battery to maximize the use of the electric mode. Actually, madali lang. So much so na I had to change my driving habits when I shifted back to our Golf wagon.

7) Cargo-wise, mas malaki yung capacity ng Golf wagon namin, and yung dati naming Forester. Cross is based on the Corolla platform, and it shows. Manage nalang expectations sa cargo space sa likod.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by moipogi View Post
    7) Cargo-wise, mas malaki yung capacity ng Golf wagon namin, and yung dati naming Forester. Cross is based on the Corolla platform, and it shows.
    To be more specific, it's based on the shorter-wheelbase Corolla hatchback's platform. It also ditches the Corolla's independent multi-link rear suspension for a torsion-beam.
    Last edited by AG4; March 1st, 2022 at 03:05 AM.