New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    oo nga po ano po fuel consumption ng BT? gusto ko pa yun mas matipid sa makina ng corona ko

pwede kaya kabitan BT engine sa toyota corona92?
    may napag try naba?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotacorona92 View Post
    oo nga po ano po fuel consumption ng BT? gusto ko pa yun mas matipid sa makina ng corona ko

pwede kaya kabitan BT engine sa toyota corona92?
    may napag try naba?
    The 4AGE BT will not have enough torque to properly power the Corona. In the end you will use even more fuel to move the heavy chassis.

If you want to reduce your Corona's fuel bill, best to find ways to lighten the car's total weight. Example you can remove the full size spare and have a donut spare, heavy metal hazard warning triangles replaced by lightweight plastic collapsing orange traffic cones.

Or you can convert your car to LPG.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    The 4AGE BT will not have enough torque to properly power the Corona. In the end you will use even more fuel to move the heavy chassis.

If you want to reduce your Corona's fuel bill, best to find ways to lighten the car's total weight. Example you can remove the full size spare and have a donut spare, heavy metal hazard warning triangles replaced by lightweight plastic collapsing orange traffic cones.

Or you can convert your car to LPG.
    tnx kuya ghosthunter sa reply
    pero bat yun iba naman po nakalagay sa corolla Gli kayang kaya naman po sa laki halos pareho lang ng corona 92 sa bigat halos di ganun nag kakalayu corola Gli 97 kasi sasakyan ng tatay ko kaya medyo natatansya ko sya. saka fuel consumption ok pa naman corona92 halos same din sa tatay ko pagpumupunta sya dito samin sa dasma cavite from makati haws namin 500Php lang w/aircon sama trapik same din ng Fuel consumption corona92 ko 500 lang din . yun lang po naghahahanap pa ako mas matipid saka lakas hatak gaya ng nabasa ko thread about Bt mukhang enjoy na enjoy sila sa power and fuel consumption
    meron na kaya nakapag try ?

pwede din po yun Lpg kaso mawawalan ako space sa likod impt pa naman po skin mga gamit ng baata dun ko nilalagay parang 2nd haws nanamin ito hehehehe saka dami ko nakwe2han na taxi driver ayaw nila LPG marami daw kasamahan nila nag kakasakit ..di raw ganun katibay katagalan nag kakaamoy na pumapasok na loob ng sasakyan nakakatipid ka nga pero yari naman kalusugan mo out muna LPG sa list

binigyan ako ng kuya ko ng gas saver galing sa accord nya pero wala pa din effect maingay pa sa makina yun ayoko ng ganun parang sasabog hehehehe
    pasensya na kuya sa noob question po as in wala talaga ako alam gamit lang ngyon pa lang nag aaral sa makina

salamat po advice kuya
    tinangal ko na pabigat sa saksakyan

4. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Mga sir, i'm thinking of getting a BT for my ae101. ano po ang fuel consumption ng BT and what are the things that i have to change sa stock car ko (rear disc brakes, etc) para worry free. and madali lang ba ang parts nito if ever may mga kelangan ayusin?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    tanong ko lang kung pwede yan sa vios (although i dont own one)? ask ko din ano Fuel Consumption nito.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Anything is possible if you ahve patience and money. There's one guy who even swapped a Blacktop into a Mazda3.

But should you do it? No. You'll have a hell of a time matching incompatible generations of electronics (the instrument gauges may be a problem) and you're swapping out a more modern engine for an older one. It makes more sense to just turbocharge the stock engine of the Vios.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    thanks for the reply niky.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by alfalax88 View Post
    I was told that this engine is great, power in less fuel consumption. Please post a reply about your experience with the engine and please clarify if this engine really do have vvti. thanks
    sir bago lang po ako d2 any advise nman sir regarding sa engine swap..my car is also xl bigbody but silvertop lng po yun gusto ko ipalit kc medyo mabigat yata yun blacktop according to you when it comes spending money...more or less magkano yun ilalabas kong pera not included yun modification cguro after n lng yun basta tumakbo lng muna ng maayos yun oto..w/o modification...saka nga pala sir advise din po between blocktop and silvertop when it comes po sa horse power nya and fuel consumption..thnks po sir!

Quote Originally Posted by RC-V View Post
    tanong ko lang kung pwede yan sa vios (although i dont own one)? ask ko din ano Fuel Consumption nito.
    luma na ang black top....2zz-ge na palit mo dyan...6MT or 5AT... kung sswertihan ka--supercharged 2zz-ge

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Note: All dyno test was done on AE86 chassis

Generations of 4AG motors, 4age silvertop and blacktop has NO 1st and 2nd gen
    http://www.club4ag.com/technical_main.htm

Lets do this as a scientific method instead of he says vs she says, Ive been playing with 4ag's for 6 yrs now and I'll say I'm still fascinated on this motor vs every other motor I've own. Dyno sheets are best way to tell the truth note that all measurements are done by WHP (wheel horse power)

The blacktop 20V is a very good motor, has a very good mid to high trq range, but on the lower end trq not much. For personal experience what I like about it is you can maintain or stay on a high rev band, blacktop is more tune able than the silvertop due to its MAF. Not bad for 134whp open ITB's
    a club4ag member's dyno sheet

4yrs ago I had a stock 4agze from an AE101 w/ a MAP ECU is good, it has a lower to mid range trq. I remember a friend drove my car saying instant trq, I say its not as responsive as i like it to be but Ill fix that. 160whp is not much but I wanted more than 157 lbs trq

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
4AGE Black Top Engine! Your thoughts....