New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Silver top has a silver cover... it's less tuneable. There are differences in tuning and sensors... and the not so small aspect of the Blacktop's 6-speed LSD-equipped MT.

Great little engine. Very smooth powerband... actually, deceptively smooth... as it doesn't quite "kick" like a B16 does when it enters the high cam... but it makes as much power.

Ghosthunter's engine is still faster...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    m777,

Punta ka sa Pasay, INITIAL D ang pangalan ng shop. Pag me dumating na 4AGE BLack Top Paresibuhan mo na agad!. Handa ka lang ng 45K..Silver top 4th generation ng 4A with compression ratio of 10:5 ..Ang black top with a ration of 11:1 ...Final version na ang black top..both with VVT (Variable Valve Timing) for economy.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Medyo madugo gastos pagmagpapalit ka makina. I suggest you upgrade your brakes too, gawin mong disc brakes lahat para me stopping power ka din. Nagagastos ko nasa 80K na kasi XL lang corolla ko kailangan ko convert to power steering sayang kasi power steering ready na 4AGE e and pipe lay-out.
    Pinag handaan ko gastos para matuwa ako sa oto ko..ayoko kasi ung paunti unti upgrade.

Mas maganda kung power steering na corolla mo like XE etc.. Mas mura magagastos. Conversion nito nasa 10K plus pa ata.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by alfalax88 View Post
    m777,

Punta ka sa Pasay, INITIAL D ang pangalan ng shop. Pag me dumating na 4AGE BLack Top Paresibuhan mo na agad!. Handa ka lang ng 45K..Silver top 4th generation ng 4A with compression ratio of 10:5 ..Ang black top with a ration of 11:1 ...Final version na ang black top..both with VVT (Variable Valve Timing) for economy.
    thanks for the info bro. san banda sa pasay ang shop? might check it out this weekend.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Medyo madugo gastos pagmagpapalit ka makina. I suggest you upgrade your brakes too, gawin mong disc brakes lahat para me stopping power ka din. Nagagastos ko nasa 80K na kasi XL lang corolla ko kailangan ko convert to power steering sayang kasi power steering ready na 4AGE e and pipe lay-out.
    Pinag handaan ko gastos para matuwa ako sa oto ko..ayoko kasi ung paunti unti upgrade.

Mas maganda kung power steering na corolla mo like XE etc.. Mas mura magagastos. Conversion nito nasa 10K plus pa ata.
    im setting aside budget for other necessary upgrades that will have to be done with the engine swap. like the brakes, etc...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    m777

Sa Evangelista, Pasay dun mo pag tanong INITIAL D. Kilala ung shop na un.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Evangelista po ay Makati pa, not Pasay...

Favorite syempre ng Toyota enthusiasts yang 4AGE 20V (both silver top and black top - even yung blue top and red top 16V)...

http://www.grupotoyota.com.ph/board/

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Whateva.. Distinctively Pasay, anyway the price for this engine has gone up from 45K to 60K. Bring a certified mechanic who understands what else you might need to have this engine into your vehicle. Talagang sibak lahat ng stock vehicle sa highway even mga 2.0s and mga vtec na stock no match talaga.. To see is to believe mga pre. hehehehehe

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    4AGE 20 valve engine has generally two types. Silvertop and blacktop. the Silvertop has two generations (can be distinguished by the intake port shapes, and the number of throttle linkages, 1st gen silvertop has two linkages). the silvertop was released with the AE101 Toyota Levin. The silvertop has an Air Flow Meter, while the Blacktop uses a MAP (allows you to run open throttle bodies, great sound!). The blacktop is more powerful between the two. Higher intake cam lift, lightened internals, and more aggressive mapping.

Both engines use VVT. This is NOTHING like Honda's VTEC. VTEC changes cam lift, while VVT only changes cam timing, and not lift.

Silvertop engines will cost 25-30k while the blacktop 45-55k.

HTH.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    m777,

walang 4th generation na silvertop.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
4AGE Black Top Engine! Your thoughts....